Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Did you mean 1998?
Yes. MY 1998 FRONTIER HAS 260K MILES AND STILL ON FACTORY BRAKE FLUID, NEVER HAS HAD A BRAKE HYDRAULIC ISSUE. My 2004 Frontier has only 105K on it, and also has never had a brake hydraulic issue. Only brake stuff done on those has been replacement of pads and brake shoes; both have factory rotors and drums, never been machined - I change the pads and shoes BEFORE I get metal-to-metal contact.

By the way, I use Wagner Thermo Quiet pads and shoes on all my vehicles.

Reactions: LazerViking

·
Registered
91 Posts
I wood not touch the heater hoses if they look OK. They connect to plastic tubes on the heater core that are known to brake off as they get old.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I wood not touch the heater hoses if they look OK. They connect to plastic tubes on the heater core that are known to brake off as they get old.
Pros slice the ends of hoses that will be replaced so they don't break stuff.

Reactions: shift_RUSH

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Here's a link to the hose w/ orifice info when I had a DTC P0400 issue.
Thanks a lot for the advice. I was planning inspecting the hoses for wear this weekend. But am unsure what hoses should be priority. This is helpful. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Let's just say that my 2004 Frontier does not need any heater hoses at this point, and same on my 1998 Frontier.

I have replaced the radiator hoses on the '98 when I installed a new radiator (gasket leak), and replaced the passenger side radiator hose on the 2004 when I did the water pump.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,197 Posts
Thanks a lot for the advice. I was planning inspecting the hoses for wear this weekend. But am unsure what hoses should be priority. This is helpful. Much appreciated!
Anytime.
Priority should be the items that fail your inspection. Good luck swapping out the PCV valve. It's a P.I.T.A.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Priority should be the items that fail your inspection. Good luck swapping out the PCV valve. It's a P.I.T.A.
I agree about the PCV valve, due to its location.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Let's just say that my 2004 Frontier does not need any heater hoses at this point, and same on my 1998 Frontier.

I have replaced the radiator hoses on the '98 when I installed a new radiator (gasket leak), and replaced the passenger side radiator hose on the 2004 when I did the water pump.
You know I can't get over how great my 04 is. It is 16 years old and has sat outside it's whole life. It has zero body rust and the paint looks great with never waxing it. All the hoses look brand new. The belts looked brand new when I did my 100k tune up. It does only have 120k on it. Front brakes, shocks, and gas cap is all I've replaced that broke.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts