Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 2010 Frontier 4x2 Crew Cab SE. I have only 500 miles on it. There is really annoying low level vibration going on; the passenger seat vibrates, so do the visors, and I can feel every bump on the road. I've taken it to the dealer and they claim they re-adjusted the alignment but it seems the same. It really annoying to see with your peripheral vision the seat shaking. Any Suggestions?

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
seems unusual, but i don't know what to tell you. test drive another truck and see if it drives the same, if not, i would demand a new truck.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
tire pressure at 35psi - rotate front tires to rear - if goes away might have a bad tire (bad tire very noticeable on front but not so mcuh on rear) - seat will probable shake some regardless, common trait I've read, except for power seats. Tire balance/bad tire usual cause of vibration more-so than alignment. Remember, tire manufacturer warranties tires, not Nissan.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yeah i was thinking about going to test another fronteir out to see it is just me but then again that passenger seat shouldn't be vibrating like a massage chair.

i'll try the old less pressure as well.

·
Registered
75 Posts
yeah i was thinking about going to test another fronteir out to see it is just me but then again that passenger seat shouldn't be vibrating like a massage chair.

i'll try the old less pressure as well.

As he mentioned, that passenger seat vibration is pretty common from what I've read. My 08 4X2 SE CC Long Bed does the same thing. There is some Tech Bulletin on that vibrating seat issue, not sure if it applies to your year. it. Do a search and see if you can find it.

·
Super Moderator
11,401 Posts
Lower the pressure to 32. I had my Pathfinders tires at 35 and the centers wore first as if overinflated, the edges were way better. Usually it's the other way around.
I bought new tires lowered the pressure and it rides even better. I have the Frontiers tires there since new and the tires look great at 8500 miles.

Clint

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did a search on Tech Bulletins there is nothing on the vibrating seats for '10 frontiers but found a couple of line items for '08.

I brought down the tire pressure down to 38 it was at 41 but this was right after coming home from work so I will need to check again tomorrow morning. Going down to 38, I still didnt feel anything significant

From this URL, its recommend between 32 ~ 35 and not to exceed 40.
Tire Inflation
I am going to check out others. Also, going to a dealership this weekend to see if its the way it is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I started googling for just rough ride trucks and found out that most trucks have a similar low vibration issue. I drove my friends Tundra pretty much the same low vibration but less noticeable than in the Frontier.

I started checking out the reviews for the OEM tires and there are quiet a few complaints about rough rides with the BF Good for nothing Radial Long Trail T/A. Check out the reviews. Everyone recommends replacing them and they have very poor performance. Avg complaint lol needs replacement at around 10k-18k miles.

TireRack.com Tire Reviews

·
Registered
503 Posts
now just to be clear here my trucks seat can get to shaking like crazy with noone in it and going over a less than well maintained road but on a smooth road i see no vibration and i dont think my visors shake... even at highway speeds.

·
Registered
269 Posts
My truck did this when new, had dealer re balance tires and every one was off quite a bit. The Oem tires wear fast so keep having them rotated and balanced every 5000 miles and you'll notice the difference.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
now just to be clear here my trucks seat can get to shaking like crazy with noone in it and going over a less than well maintained road but on a smooth road i see no vibration and i dont think my visors shake... even at highway speeds.
Same here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts