Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Albuquerque! I bought my very first brand new vehicle last 1 year ago, a 2016 Frontier Pro4x 6spd. I flew all the way to Greenville SC, 1600 miles away. I was forced to do that cause none of the dealers here stocked a manual transmission and they wouldn't budge on price even when i presented a an unsigned purchase agreement (which was $28k, in ABQ they wanted $35k) and flight plan to prove my willingness to buy. Anyway, it was an awesome trip back! Man the south can cook!! I grew up learning to 4wheel in my grandpa's 76' CJ5, from there i bought my first rig in high school which was an 84' Bronco II. I got a new job last year and decided it was time to upgrade! The bronco II still works well and has been retired to my dads house in the mountains where it continues its life as a snow plow. Well thats enough about me, on to my baby. I absolutely love my new Frontier! I did a ton of research and a lot of test driving before i opted for the Frontier. I read many posts on this very forum too! I took it off road the day we got back to Albuquerque and man was i impressed. I never had a locking diff on the bronco II, holy cow what a difference it makes! The first night home with my baby I started window shopping for all manner of parts, accessories, and upgrades but decided that I would wait a year before doing anything so I could learn my baby's strengths and weakness thus making more informed decisions. Well 1 year and 16000 miles later, and a fair amount of wheeling, I think my 1st upgrade will be skid plates. I haven't decide between Hefty Fab Works or Shrockworks, the aluminum option is attractive but im concerned about strength versus the steel option. If anyone can offer some insight on the subject it would be appreciated. I think that is enough of an introduction for now, back to planning our next trip, Black Bear Trail!!

Till next post,
Albert

Attachments

·
Admin
3,406 Posts
Great intro post! Welcome to the club Albert! Nice work finding the m/t.

Reactions: Albert Hamblet

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
14,113 Posts
Welcome to the Club! Great intro, as has been mentioned. I personally think a lift and larger tires are a great first mod if you wheel. Skids and sliders are a very close second.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum homie! I got mine in Oct of last year and have to say the same thing myself! Love this truck! Offroad, dirt, rocks, snow, and still able to find parking in SF since its not a full sized lol looking to do my rear bumper and slides first

Reactions: Albert Hamblet
1 - 5 of 5 Posts