Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since I work on Jaguars I get spoiled certain things, like not having to hold a stupid window switch to operate. So I bought the modules from autoloc 40ea door. There are others out there and found some at Fry's that operate 2 windows but where 80 ea. After removing door panels, rarm rest snap off up, and pop trim off around inside door handles to access 10mm bolts, 2 behind arm rest, 1 behind handle. Then I just pinned out the wires to find power, ground, up and down. for the power and grounds I used a auto stripper to expose 1/4" bare wire and soldered wires to modules on. cut and separate up/down signal wires. used butt splice connectors with built in heatshrink and glue. I cut off the small tabs on the modules and dum dummed the to inside of door panel and reinstalled viola,5 min a door, and 1 touch window all around

·
Registered
881 Posts
How is this different than our auto up/down switch on our Nismo's???

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
d1sc0ver said:
How is this different than our auto up/down switch on our Nismo's???
I dont know about yours, but mine was only auto down on drivers, now they all auto down and up, and I can tie them into remote to global open and close to let out heat from inside or close all windows when parking

·
Registered
881 Posts
Cool...I like it.

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Will you be in Madison, MS any time in the near future?

·
Registered
299 Posts
So you need 4 of these, right? Is it just 4 wires in each door? For the up and down wires, do they go through the new module? Where can you purchase these?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Part Number and Web Address

Need part number and website for puchase. My old Maxima had the option to roll down the windows with the remote also.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
ok now do a thread on converting manual windows to power... god i hate these cranks!!!
:damn:

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
If you have a DEI car alarm and doin't want to run these the 456T Window moduels will work as well and you can tie them into your alarm .How mant wires were needed to run into each door ?

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
jegonzo3 said:
I believe this is the website: http://www.thehoffmangroup.com/Autoloc/index.lasso. Now we just need the part #.

jegonzo3
WC1000:):) dang short messages
no wires through door I removed panel and wired it all right there and mounted module to inside of door trim panel. 4 wires for simple install, power, ground,up, down. module goes between switch and motor

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
cool brutal!! one question tho... can you roll down your windows and stop them half way or so? or is it all the way up or all the way down? not that it matters mine are either up or down but i'm just wondering since we don't have the right switch for auto up and down...

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Blaze_tylr said:
Thats a simple install BUt dose it have an out put to work with your alarm /
Yes neg, or positive pulse

·
Registered
535 Posts
Yeah info. This sounds pretty cool. Can you program them? Does it only work at each window or does the Auto feature work at the master control? The power windows on my olds convertible had a cool feature. When you held both the rear down buttons for a second all four windows went down automatically. It would be cool to have that setup again. At least for the winter, it's been like 100 degrees here in Florida lately. A.C. is a Must! Love your truck BTW it looks awesome.

·
Registered
160 Posts
DEI makes a mod as well, its only two windows and its 50 bucks.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts