Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an oak night stand for sale. I will let the lamp go with it for free. What I really want to know is if I wash my 2002 Frontier Supercharged under the hood if that would make a speed sensor code come on and make my transmission shift weird. From 1st to 2nd is hard and it won't go into overdrive. Just wondered if water in a plug could cause this. And if so what plug is it so I can spray air in it to dry it. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
667 Posts
How about somebody chime in and be useful to this guy instead of cluttering up his thread.

Yes there could be water in a connector. Don't know about a speed sensor for the abs but possible. There is one abs connector by each front fenderwell for the wheel sensors. Also blow out all the connectors on top of the passenger side valve cover as those are the ones that usually get water in them.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Yes, If You Got Water Into The Connector For The Abs Module...which Is Underhood. Blow It Out With Compressed Air, And You Can Spray With Wd-40 Which Displaces Water, I Apply Dielectric Grease When I Am Doing These Type Repairs At Work By Permatex

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks to all

Well now my throttle position sensor is throwing a code. I thought it was a speed sensor but that was just when I turn the key on it flashed those times. I read into prev. posts and figured out how to test the tcu codes and it flashed 2 times then paused on the 3rd and then flashed several more times. This is a $56.00 part and is right on top of the engine. I hope it works! Also sorry for the opening post but it is a great attention getter. I stole the idea from somewhere else after I was like woo hoo and opened it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed it!!!

Well the Throttle Position Sensor fixed it. It shifts great and my check engine light went off. Thanks for everything. Also is a 2.3 or 2.4 pulley kit worth the money and can you tell much of a difference?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check engine is back on...

Well my check engine light is back on but the tps did fix the shifting problem. And my gas mileage sucks. I drove it last night around 40 miles round trip and drank 1/4 of a tank. And at no time I gassed it to where the supercharger came in. I hope what ever my check engine light is on for fixes this problem.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
If I were you, I would go down to autozone or where ever and have my codes pulled... Report back here with your findings. We will try to help you out! GL

·
Webwheeler Extraordinaire
2,180 Posts
I have cleaned up the useless chit-chat in this thread. If you cannot give advice on the problem posted, please do not post in the thread. Off Topic is the ONLY forum where pointless chit-chat is tolerated. Now, back to your regularly scheduled postings.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I'd clean and grease all my grounds. Water just helps that corosion along.

You didn't say what method you used to clean your engine. I'd guess a pressure washer. Gotta be careful where you point those things.
I've been washing my engine/bay every time I wash my truck. 'Bout 8 years now. Granted that's twice a year, at most, but never had a problem. I just hit it w/the tire brush with the Murphy's Oil Soap solution and a water hose. Not pristine, but cleaner than most.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
oh horrible power and poor milage sounds like a knock sensor code, if it is its a major PITA to fix, the dealer or any shop would charge you major dollars because the s/c and intake manifold need to be removed to get to it. other will say "do the relocation mod" well thats fine on a non s/c engine but its not safe to truck the ecu if you have the s/c engine. good luck man and keep us posted.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I drove my truck today like I stole it for about 60 miles and turned it off and when I re-started it the check engine light went off. I have driven it around 75 miles since then and the engine light has stayed off. The only light on now is the abs light, but it was on when I bought the truck. Also when the light was on and I had the cruise on it felt like you were giving it a little gas and letting off while in cruise mode. And that has also stopped. I hope the gas mileage gets better with this. The knock sensor was replaced 16,000 miles ago along with the plugs and water pump and timing belt. All should be good for now. Is fram oil filters ok for these trucks? And Castrol 5w30? Thanks to everyone that has helped so far. And thanks for the comments on the comment. Laughter is a great for any age.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Ok, I drove my truck today like I stole it for about 60 miles and turned it off and when I re-started it the check engine light went off. I have driven it around 75 miles since then and the engine light has stayed off. The only light on now is the abs light, but it was on when I bought the truck. Also when the light was on and I had the cruise on it felt like you were giving it a little gas and letting off while in cruise mode. And that has also stopped. I hope the gas mileage gets better with this. The knock sensor was replaced 16,000 miles ago along with the plugs and water pump and timing belt. All should be good for now. Is fram oil filters ok for these trucks? And Castrol 5w30? Thanks to everyone that has helped so far. And thanks for the comments on the comment. Laughter is a great for any age.
i heard of some negative comments on fram filters, they lack the anti dranback valve causing the engine to dry start which is a big no no, napa gold filters (which is made by wix), wix, mobil 1, and k&n all make nice oil filters, oh and i forgot OEM nissan filters too. engine oil is all up to you, if castrol has givin you good results then i say go ahead and use it. oh and GL with the fix, next time the truck acts up i would drop it by autozone and do a code read but if shes running good now then thats good too i guess ha.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts