Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered 1.5" lift stuff from PRG to install on my 2019 Pro-4x

Front shocks will be set at 1.5" with stock springs. I intend to keep the overload leaf on. I just installed an ARE camper shell and that seemed to have brought the rear end down a bit. I will also be building a bed drawer to use to keep camping/hunting gear organized, which adds some weight. I like to have a bit of rear rake--that's why I'm keeping the overload on to start with.

So, after it gets here and I get it all put on (hopefully in next few weeks) I will post before and after pictures.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I think that’s a good call leaving the overloads on. My truck came with the topper and is a 2012 so I’m not sure how much it has settled over the years but it’s almost even with the Front..sorry I had mistakenly put rear.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ARE she'll will be negligible, the drawers might lower it slightly

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
Do you have a camper shell on your truck? I have put a camper shell on all three of my nissan trucks, and all three have made the back end drop some.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Looks really good. I too like the factory rake.

·
Registered
153 Posts
So how are you liking the ride now?

Bummer to hear about the extra sway/body roll. A lot of people claim these kits “stiffen” up the ride in a “good way”. But harder bumps and increased body roll doesn’t sound good.

I’m planning on OME medium duty leafs with Bisltein 5100 all around (set at 1.5 on stock springs like you).

I understand we’re raising the center of gravity a bit but I thought the body roll would at least be offset by the stiffer suspension.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After driving it some more, I am thinking I am going to order some All Dog medium duty springs and set the 5100's to stock ride height. Should still be 1.5 inch lift, but I can get my ride quality back....

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
You'll get more than 1.5" in the rear. I have OME medium duty in the rear, I started with 2" lift, I have 4" now. If you are going that route, i would consider also installing adjustable shackles.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You'll get more than 1.5" in the rear. I have OME medium duty in the rear, I started with 2" lift, I have 4" now. If you are going that route, i would consider also installing adjustable shackles.

Medium front coil springs, is what I was referring to.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
UPDATE: I got the truck into the alignment shop. Since I changed out the lower control arms camber bolts, it was off. After getting an alignment, it seems to have taken the extra sway and body roll away. The ride is a still a bit rougher, but I'm thinking about some All Dogs Offroad Medium duty springs and the putting 5100s at lowest setting.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE: I got the truck into the alignment shop. Since I changed out the lower control arms camber bolts, it was off. After getting an alignment, it seems to have taken the extra sway and body roll away. The ride is a still a bit rougher, but I'm thinking about some All Dogs Offroad Medium duty springs and the putting 5100s at lowest setting.
Update 2: The Deaver 1.5" AAL can NOT handle the weight of my camper shell and bed drawers with stuff in them. The leaf is "S" shaped under load and the back end squats. I just ordered the ADO Broveland Medium Duty Leaf pack and Medium Duty Coils, since I carry the weight that I do. Alldogs Offroad D40-F-M Front Lift Coil Springs for Nissan Frontier & Xterra Alldogs Offroad BROverland Medium Load Leaf Pack for 2nd Gen Nissan Frontier

1 - 14 of 14 Posts