1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thank you for the tip! I've got one ordered and emailed a couple guys at work

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you so much for the heads up AzDesertRat, I have just ordered my kit, can't wait for it to arrive.

·
Registered
819 Posts
these things are junk. They use a very thin metal clip to hold the strut onto the pin and the clip bends/deforms EVERY time you use it. I've put zip ties all over it, which helped a tiny bit, but it still just folds over if you shut the tailgate too fast.

When I brought all this up to the ebay seller, they completely ignored me. -1 for you buddy.

Don't waste your money.

·
Super Moderator
19,584 Posts
these things are junk. They use a very thin metal clip to hold the strut onto the pin and the clip bends/deforms EVERY time you use it. I've put zip ties all over it, which helped a tiny bit, but it still just folds over if you shut the tailgate too fast.

When I brought all this up to the ebay seller, they completely ignored me. -1 for you buddy.

Don't waste your money.
The clip is the only weak part. That doesn't make the entire product junk. I used the one on my truck currently a few years before the clip bent enough to make the strut come off the anchor bolt. All it needs is a beefed up clip.

·
Registered
819 Posts
The clip is the only weak part. That doesn't make the entire product junk. I used the one on my truck currently a few years before the clip bent enough to make the strut come off the anchor bolt. All it needs is a beefed up clip.
Which is unavailable unless you have the tools and skills to make your own. Insert "weakest link" chain analogy. The failing clip causes the strut to pop off the pin almost every time which renders the product worse-than-useless. If you aren't careful, you can cause damage to your truck when it pops off.

I stand by my judgement. Others can take it for what it's worth.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Could it be modified by grinding down the last landing that the clip rests against and then drilling a small hole through it so a small washer and hitch clip (or) wire hold it on?

1 - 20 of 200 Posts