Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing about the Frontiers is the interior is blah, to say the least. Actually very "plasticky" looking. Thinking about a carbon or brushed stainless or nickel trim kit. Anyone done one? Any recommendations? One website that supposedly had a lot of options doesn't have a very good website. Most linksdon't work so I never really got to see anything specifically for the 09 Frontier.

·
Registered
187 Posts
don't know the difference between the 05 and 09 dashes, but if you want to see a carbon fiber dash kit check my pic gallery......just a start for you...

·
Registered
225 Posts
One thing about the Frontiers is the interior is blah, to say the least. Actually very "plasticky" looking. Thinking about a carbon or brushed stainless or nickel trim kit. Anyone done one? Any recommendations? One website that supposedly had a lot of options doesn't have a very good website. Most linksdon't work so I never really got to see anything specifically for the 09 Frontier.

Every trim kit I've seen is made up of stickers. Is that the kind of trim kit you're talking about or can you get actual replacement parts made of molded carbon fiber and/or brushed metal? I'm guessing you're talking about stickers, so here comes the real question...

How can you consider covering everything is plastic coated stickers an improvement over a "plasticky" looking interior?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Every trim kit I've seen is made up of stickers. Is that the kind of trim kit you're talking about or can you get actual replacement parts made of molded carbon fiber and/or brushed metal? I'm guessing you're talking about stickers, so here comes the real question...

How can you consider covering everything is plastic coated stickers an improvement over a "plasticky" looking interior?
They're not "stickers". They're carbon fibre, or stainless steel, or woodgrain or Whatever) with adhesive backing, which is exactly what the metallic or woodgrain surfaces in any car are. (If you have an '09 peek behind the stainless overlays surrounding the central cooling vents on your dahs. What's wht they are.) It would be absurdly expensive to buy real wood replacement parts, or stainless steel replacement parts for your dashboard even if someone were to fabricate something like that. I've yet to see a smiley face or Barbie sticker dash trim kit....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts