Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if there are any Nissan techs out there, or anyone else for that matter, that know if the 09 center stack with the radio/hvac controls all in one will fit with minor modification in to an 05-08. Pic posted below for reference.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I was wondering if there are any Nissan techs out there, or anyone else for that matter, that know if the 09 center stack with the radio/hvac controls all in one will fit with minor modification in to an 05-08. Pic posted below for reference.

Im no Nissan tech but I believe they should fit. The radio is just a double DIN size which is standard, and the HVAC controls look to be the same dimensions as ours.

I've been looking into this a little since the new Equator gets those controls and I think they look a ton better than the old knobs. List price on the HVAC control panel is around 180.00, though, so I'm going to be doing other mods before I look into this one.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I know that it will fit. I am just concerned about all the electrical connections in the back that may not.
Pretty sure you will have to do some wiring adaptations. Get a wiring schematic for both years before attempting this.

Don't forget to stop and take pics along the way and post up your progress and completion photos.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Pretty sure you will have to do some wiring adaptations. Get a wiring schematic for both years before attempting this.

Don't forget to stop and take pics along the way and post up your progress and completion photos.
Honestly, I'm willing to bet its the same connector. Remember, although we have knobs its still a fully digital system and I doubt they would bother changing the plug.

The wires might be in different spots on the plug, however.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Take it a step further and replace center stack from a pathfinder with nav and dual climate controls. This is a future build that i would like to do.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I'm also interested in this, would be a darn cool mod. Just get the 09 HVAC control unit and the 09 Dash kit adapter plastic kit to support your current stereo you have installed whether its the stock stereo or an aftermarket.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'd like to do it too, where'd you get the price of $180 SandToy?
Called the Suzuki dealership near my house and asked for the price!

I have a set of diagrams with part numbers for the Nissan, so I just named the equivalent part and hoped that the guy knew what I was talking about. Luckily, I got someone with a clue and he was able to figure out what part I was talking about.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Called the Suzuki dealership near my house and asked for the price!

I have a set of diagrams with part numbers for the Nissan, so I just named the equivalent part and hoped that the guy knew what I was talking about. Luckily, I got someone with a clue and he was able to figure out what part I was talking about.
Care to post the Nissan part numbers so that we can get a breakdown of the prices?

The only thing that I was able to find was this:

Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Guys, I just brought up the FSM's for 2008 and 2009.

The good news is that the HVAC connectors are identical.

With the 2009's, there are two HVAC trims. The 3-dial type one that is the same in 2008. In this case, the connectors and wire locations are completely identical.
On the new-style HVAC controls, the wires are in completely different locations. The good news here is that all the functions are the same, so one could splice all of the wires in different locations and have it work normally. It's a lot of work, but can be done.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I've never had to look behind the dash of an 09 yet but if the connectors are the same but in different locations, there should be a good chance that you can stretch or pull the harness/connectors where you need them, if that makes sense. Even if they don't reach, you may be able to untape the harness and rework the wires/connectors to where you need them without cutting anything up.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I've never had to look behind the dash of an 09 yet but if the connectors are the same but in different locations, there should be a good chance that you can stretch or pull the harness/connectors where you need them, if that makes sense. Even if they don't reach, you may be able to untape the harness and rework the wires/connectors to where you need them without cutting anything up.
Sorry, maybe I needed to be a little more clear. The wires themselves are in different locations in the connector. The easiest thing to do, would be to find blank male and female connectors, and then rewire your own adaptor that would clip in-line.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Seems the only thing holding this mod back, which I have been interested in doing ever since I saw the new dash style, is a wiring diagram and a set of big cojones :p

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If someone can tell me how to attach images, I'll post the pages from both FSM's.
When replying, instead of clicking on Post Quick Reply, click on Go Advanced. Then, on the toolbar just above the reply box, there should be a paperclip icon. If you place your cursor over it, it should say Attachment. A new window should appear and then just Browse for the location of the file(s).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts