Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It all went together really well. Did it by myself in 6 hours...
Install for the spacers was a breeze. The Ball joint took a bit of thinking...used a breaker bar to apply pressure to the fitting then wacked the arm a couple times and right apart. With the Deavers the biggest pain is in the clamping..I used 2 threaded and 2 bar clamps and it went together real easy. 2 Jacks are a must! There is still a stock amount of rake that I'm not thrilled with, but the look is 100% better...
Gotta find some UCA's now...speed bumps suck!
After pics only..we all know what they look like stock!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Man I am planning on doing the same thing to my LWB cc except with the prg 3" spacer up front. Looks great.

What size tires are you running with that?

·
Rogue Admin
12,849 Posts
Man I am planning on doing the same thing to my LWB cc except with the prg 3" spacer up front. Looks great.

What size tires are you running with that?
I would recommend you get the UCA's as well with the 3" spacers unless you like the sound of metal clunking

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Nice! ever thought about stick'n a bumpstop on the UCA for the time being?

..we all know what they look like stock!..
^lol. I've already forgotten what my last lift looked like..

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! ever thought about stick'n a bumpstop on the UCA for the time being?

^lol. I've already forgotten what my last lift looked like..
Yea! that reminds me...
I replaced the factory Bumpstop with that cone shaped one but there were also 2 "Button" type bump stops in the box that PRG sent...where the heck does that thing go?

·
Registered
637 Posts
Yea! that reminds me...
I replaced the factory Bumpstop with that cone shaped one but there were also 2 "Button" type bump stops in the box that PRG sent...where the heck does that thing go?
It goes on the underside of the upper A arm and helps cushion the impact if/when the A arm contacts the coil bucket. You can do a search on here, but its pretty straight foreward to install. You just need to enlarge a preexisting outer most hole in the arm and slide in the bump stop and secure with the nut. However, the nut can be a biatch and you have to get creative to get it on. It would have probably been easier to do it when everything is apart :)

How do you like the tires? I almost went with those but I couldnt tear myself away from the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, plust they were in stock.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It goes on the underside of the upper A arm and helps cushion the impact if/when the A arm contacts the coil bucket. You can do a search on here, but its pretty straight foreward to install. You just need to enlarge a preexisting outer most hole in the arm and slide in the bump stop and secure with the nut. However, the nut can be a biatch and you have to get creative to get it on. It would have probably been easier to do it when everything is apart :)

How do you like the tires? I almost went with those but I couldnt tear myself away from the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, plust they were in stock.
Just had a 500 mile journey from Boise to the Nevada Desert.
No noise except on a few sections of fresh asphalt.
They offer a pleasent ride, not to stiff.
I got hooked into a few ruts on the highway and that was concerning..
Over the dust and brush of the desert it was like being on pavement.
There was a bed of thick gravel on the job site that I had to be in 4wd last time (on stockers) but this time in/out in 2wd no effort.
Duratracs are still on my top of the list but were 250 more and I do more highway than off road so I compromised....

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
^Your truck looks good. Im usually not a fan of LWB Crewcabs. Though im going to make an exception in your case :) GoodJob !

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I would recommend you get the UCA's as well with the 3" spacers unless you like the sound of metal clunking
Na,do it right. Just get coilovers. That would be cheaper then adding a spacer and a control arm. Plus you would be actually improving your suspension travel.

·
Rogue Admin
12,849 Posts
Na,do it right. Just get coilovers. That would be cheaper then adding a spacer and a control arm. Plus you would be actually improving your suspension travel.
i'd recommend getting new uca's with 3" coils as well. even with my coils and new uca's i still get coil bucket contact

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
i'd recommend getting new uca's with 3" coils as well. even with my coils and new uca's i still get coil bucket contact
You can have coilovers made for stock control arm ones made for after-market control arm. The ones made for after-market control get even more travel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts