Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Frontier King Cab SE with 108000 miles. I replaced my spark plugs about a week ago and while I was doing that job, I thought it would be a good idea to clean the throttle body since I had to take the duct loose to remove the intake plenum anyway. I probably don't have to tell you that cleaning the throttle body was a dumb idea. I should have read up on it before I did it, but I always read the instructions after I screw up instead of before. :frown: Anyway the SES light came on when I was driving it the other day. I took it to Advance Auto Parts and they put their OBDII scanner on it and it spit out P0507. I came home and started doing research and found the relearn procedure for Idle Air Volume relearn without Consult II. I've tried a number of times to do this procedure, but when I get to the final step, the light only blinks 5 times. I have the same problem when I try to enter diagnostic mode. It only blinks 5 times. I tried disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes, but that didn't do any good. I can clear the code fine, but the SES light will always return. I live in NC and we have annual vehicle inspections and they won't pass it if you have an active SES light. My truck is due inspection the end of this month so I need to get this problem resolved. Anyone have any ideas on why it won't go into diagnostic mode and/or how to fix this problem I seem to have created?

Thanks,
NISFRONT

·
Registered
669 Posts
Hate saying this to anyone so keep searching but I don't know what else to tell you from what I read in other posts you need the dealer I never found a post of someone successfully accomplishing that after screwing their throttle body up cleaning it supposedly Nissan's have some film on the plate that with any cleaning screws it up and you need the relearn but with that maybe they are specified values I guess they can only input and from what read even then it sometimes hassn't work. I'll post back if I come across something Sorry and good luck

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
2007 Frontier King Cab SE with 108000 miles. I replaced my spark plugs about a week ago and while I was doing that job, I thought it would be a good idea to clean the throttle body since I had to take the duct loose to remove the intake plenum anyway. I probably don't have to tell you that cleaning the throttle body was a dumb idea. I should have read up on it before I did it, but I always read the instructions after I screw up instead of before. :frown: Anyway the SES light came on when I was driving it the other day. I took it to Advance Auto Parts and they put their OBDII scanner on it and it spit out P0507. I came home and started doing research and found the relearn procedure for Idle Air Volume relearn without Consult II. I've tried a number of times to do this procedure, but when I get to the final step, the light only blinks 5 times. I have the same problem when I try to enter diagnostic mode. It only blinks 5 times. I tried disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes, but that didn't do any good. I can clear the code fine, but the SES light will always return. I live in NC and we have annual vehicle inspections and they won't pass it if you have an active SES light. My truck is due inspection the end of this month so I need to get this problem resolved. Anyone have any ideas on why it won't go into diagnostic mode and/or how to fix this problem I seem to have created?

Thanks,
NISFRONT
did you have the battery disconnected when you cleaned it? TB unplugged from the harness? did you rotate the plate (intentionally or unintentionally)?

Do you have a copy of the FSM? if not you can find it on NICO club.

Did you check for any air/vacuum leaks in the intake tract? Did the upper intake seal properly?

here's some pages from the 2014 manual that may help (but getting the FSM for your year vehicle is ideal)

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The battery was not disconnected. The harness was unplugged from TB. I did not rotate the plate. I replaced the gaskets on the intake plenum and the throttle body before reinstalling them and torqued the plenum fasteners to spec. I don't believe there are any leaks in the intake as it went on easily and the gaskets stayed in place. I will check to be sure tomorrow. I don't have an FSM for my vehicle, but I will look at what you posted and try to get one. Thanks for your reply, mtyler11. I appreciate your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts