Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, anyone know where to purchase those rubber inserts for the center cupholders? Also, I often have to take out my key and re insert it several times to get the car to start, I'm not sure if it's the chip in the key or the sensor in the ignition. It will just chug and not catch just like the starter kill is engaging. I reset the alarm and disarm it again and it sometimes works, but just realized I don't even need to do that, just pull out the key and reinsert over and over until it catches.

Expensive fix?

Anyone experience this? Truck is in great shape otherwise.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
Welcome the the club!

You can post a WTB thread in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum for the rubber inserts. There is the occasional person selling them on here. Or you can buy them new: Courtesy Parts (Insert Cup Holder). However, I don't think they are worth the ~$50 that they cost new.

I don't really know what to tell you about the key, I've never heard of that problem before. If you have more than one key and it does the same thing with both of them, I would be inclined to say it's the sensor in the truck. Don't know what kind of cost you would be looking at for fixing that but, I imagine it probably wouldn't be super cheap. If it only does it with one key, then you probably will eventually have to buy a new one to replace it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I figured.

Both answers are what I figured, just wanted to hear someone else tell me the same thing. I'll go to nissan and see what a new chipped key costs, go from there.

And maybe I'll just shove a washcloth in my oversized cupholder so my coffee cup fits more snug, and picks up all the spills. Ha.

anyway, thanks.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
I you just need one cup holder i have one left from my truck just pay shipping and its yours

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Welcome to CF!

Aftermarket alarm?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Kinda of a big rip, $40 for new cup holders lol. Anywho, welcome to the club!

·
Super Moderator
11,166 Posts
Kinda of a big rip, $40 for new cup holders lol. Anywho, welcome to the club!
They are $41 each so it's even more expensive.

Clint

1 - 8 of 8 Posts