Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the clutch disk, pressure plate, and throw out bearing in my 06 SE put everything back together and now the truck won’t start. All seems good but starter won’t even turn. Did not remove the flywheel during the install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Additionally, mistakenly missed removal of the camshaft position sensor when removing the transmission. Put everything back since then.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Frontier SV crew cab, short bed, 6 speed manual transmission, Value Truck Package
828 Posts
Did you do anything with the clutch pedal? Check the rubber stopper that contacts the switch when the pedal is depressed to tell the ECU that it's safe to start the vehicle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update. Success!!! Starter plug came free during operation. Running like a dream
Having same type of issue with Frontier V6 MT. Seems i have to crunch down on clutch couple times and maybe get lucky it starts ... brand new battery. I can start easily popping clutch in reverse down my driveway but got stuck last night took several minutes to start, starter wouldn't engage.
Question about your starter plug, is that the rubber stopper @erturne was talking about?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update. Success!!! Starter plug came free during operation. Running like a dream
okay i went and looked and my clucth plate that is supposed to contact the switch and for ECU to allow the start, but the hole doesn't have a plastic plug (I think thats the one you are talking about?), so i looked for it and found two broken plastic pieces ... It almost seems like i just need to cover that hole :). Wonder why that part is plastic?

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Frontier SV crew cab, short bed, 6 speed manual transmission, Value Truck Package
828 Posts
okay i went and looked and my clucth plate that is supposed to contact the switch and for ECU to allow the start, but the hole doesn't have a plastic plug (I think thats the one you are talking about?), so i looked for it and found two broken plastic pieces ... It almost seems like i just need to cover that hole :). Wonder why that part is plastic?
Just get a nylon body clip for an 8mm hole. Something like this. My neighbor is a mechanic at a Nissan dealership, and that's what he uses to fix this problem. I've been using one for almost two years without a problem, and I threw an extra one in the glove box just in case.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just get a nylon body clip for an 8mm hole. Something like this. My neighbor is a mechanic at a Nissan dealership, and that's what he uses to fix this problem. I've been using one for almost two years without a problem, and I threw an extra one in the glove box just in case.
So the gorilla tape and Penny works fine I bought the actual part from Nissan. However the gorilla tape is super strong so that’s holding up real well! And it works like a charm!
thanks to everyone one this thread!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts