Nissan Frontier Forum banner

06 LE 2wd Lift Questions

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Rios_rub@yahoo.com 
#1 ·
I've been researching and researching and believe I have put together a kit that will best work for me. I originally wanted to just do a spacer lift, but only getting 2-2.5" didn't seem like too much lift and having to worry about CB contact didn't sound fun. I mostly use the truck on the street but do camp alot so having a little lift would be better for me.

I looked into getting the CST spindles and thats my choice now. So a 4" lift up front as far as the rear I've read 2" would level the truck and 3" would level the truck. I wouldn't mind the front sitting a little higher, kinda prerunner look. So my question is what would be the best option for me for a rear lift, mostly street some light offroad. PRG adjustable Shackles, 2" block, or 2" deavar leaf?

Also I plan to replace the rear shocks with bilstein 5125 #bil-6253-f for 2-3" lift. Now should I change my fronts as well? my truck hit 100K miles and still has stocks on. Which front shock should I run? I'd rather replace it now while the truck is apart than wait and have to retake it apart.

Running MB TKO 17x8.5" 12 offset with falken wildpeak a/t3w 265/65/17.

Making sure I get everything I need, spindles, rear lift (shackles, block, or deavar), front and rear shocks, and aftermarket cam bolts for alignment.

See less See more
#3 ·
Any other options paying another $800 for new leaf pack is a little out of my budget for now. What would be the best option out the ones I named. I wouldn't mind the full pack but just not now.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Sad part I read through that thread about 5 times and miss/overlooked that one post. Ok I guess I will get some 2" blocks for now.
Now as far as the front shocks what are my options? Prg has coilovers only for the fronts.

#6 ·
Sorry I may have miss directed you....

I thought in that thread on post #7 he said you can use your stock coilovers with a CST spindle.
In fact on this website it looks like they have a pic of a stock coilover with the CST:
LIFT SPINDLE KIT | 2005-2016 FRONTIER 2WD | 4" - CST Performance Suspension

Also with 100k on your truck a "block" for the rear leaf springs would likely be a bad idea as your leaf's are most likely flatened out already.

Like Shizzy said you might just have to get new leaf springs.

I know when I was planning my lift , I called Nisstec : Home - Nisstec Lifts: Nissan Lift Kits: XTerra Lift Kits, Frontier Lift Kits, Titan Lift Kits, Nissan Truck Lift Kits a couple few times for advice and purchasing items... they are more than willing to answer questions

#7 ·
Sorry I may have miss directed you....

I thought in that thread on post #7 he said you can use your stock coilovers with a CST spindle.
In fact on this website it looks like they have a pic of a stock coilover with the CST:
LIFT SPINDLE KIT | 2005-2016 FRONTIER 2WD | 4" - CST Performance Suspension

Also with 100k on your truck a "block" for the rear leaf springs would likely be a bad idea as your leaf's are most likely flatened out already.

Like Shizzy said you might just have to get new leaf springs.

I know when I was planning my lift , I called Home - Nisstec Lifts: Nissan Lift Kits: XTerra Lift Kits, Frontier Lift Kits, Titan Lift Kits, Nissan Truck Lift Kits a couple few times for advice and purchasing items... they are more than willing to answer questions
Ok cool I'll give them a call and see what they suggest for me.

#8 ·
What is the difference between the PRG 2" deaver spring and the 2" AAL from nisstec?

#9 · (Edited)
I wouldn't mind the front sitting a little higher, kinda prerunner look.
You must be from so cal. the bro leAN. ;)

The look comes from trophy trucks having large fiberglass front fenders, while the rear fenders are wide so the tires tuck up in them. Therefor the front wheels have a large visible gap between the top of the tire and the edge of the fender, which is lacking in the rear. The trucks are level. It is just an illusion that the front sits higher.

#10 ·
New Orleans, Just looking for something a little different from the truck the guys around here.

#13 ·
I don't know what your plans are for your truck, but if you're going to lift it you'd
best lift it for the long haul.

The first thing I did with my "16" 2WD KC was help my Son-in-law take some stuff to
the dump after putting up a new backyard fence. It was about ...maybe 300#, we got
to the dump and had to go over a speed bump that was about 3". The truck bottomed
out both front and rear. He looked at me and said " Really? You gave up your RAM for
this POS?!?!?" ... it was embarrassing.

I installed Nisstec's Coilovers and OME HD leafpacks a couple of weeks ago. Helped
my boy haul almost 800# of pavers to his house for a firepit, we crossed a RR crossing
that was like 6" high with four rails that stuck up at least a few inches each and then
dropped another 6".... I did'nt even slow down, he didn't even notice we'd gone over a
significant obstacle.

I guess my point is that if you're just keeping your truck for a few years and want it
to look good, get what's cheap and makes it look good. If you plan to keep it and expect
it to perform well, invest the money in a good suspension system.

I tell my kids all the time to not waste their money on transient crap... but if it's
for the long haul... invest in it. In 35 years, this is my 3rd truck... I think that
meets the long haul requirment. I spent like $14,000 in the suspension system but I see
it as a worthwhile investment. I'm proud of the truck now... yeah, I have to pay down the
new suspension system in addition to still making payments on the truck, but I'll still
have my truck... and be proud of it 20 years from now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.