Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the frontier take any dual din style radios, I prefer myself to go with a good single din stereo with a eq and a dsp processor which equates to dual din.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
not an 06, but heres a dd deck with hu and dvd...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
touch screen alpine IVA-D310 in '05 frontier
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most times you just custom mount it with a bracket on each side that connects them togther, plenty holes for screws on the sides. Then you put a plastic surround around it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
HEY burt here is a pic of my kenwood hu and my pioneer 11 band digital eq in the dual din space
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What speaker sizes and locations in a 06 nismo 4x4 king cab without the stereo rockford options.
Think im gion to go with a kenwood KDC-MP828 with the digital srs wow effect, got the special edition in my acura and the dsp is good. Going to run it with a eq and a kenwood kds p110 digital sound processor(Best one ive ever seen, bought it in 1995).

Whats the top of the line speakers right now? Im running diamonds in my acura, but I remember the stereo shop guy showing me cheap speakers that supposedly is better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Re: Kenwood

jgregorio30 said:
Kenwood double-din install
jgregario30,

Did you remove the 6-Disc unit from your dash before installing the Kenwood? If yes, would you be interested in selling the old OEM unit you removed?

I have the single disc unit and would like to try and upgrade to the 6-Disc OEM model.

JIM
[email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,939 Posts
Burt said:
What speaker sizes and locations in a 06 nismo 4x4 king cab without the stereo rockford options.
Think im gion to go with a kenwood KDC-MP828 with the digital srs wow effect, got the special edition in my acura and the dsp is good. Going to run it with a eq and a kenwood kds p110 digital sound processor(Best one ive ever seen, bought it in 1995).

Whats the top of the line speakers right now? Im running diamonds in my acura, but I remember the stereo shop guy showing me cheap speakers that supposedly is better.
not sure about the tweeters in the dash but the front door speakers are 6x9's and the rear doors are 6.5's from what i have read. also as far as speakers go inifinity has some of the best sounding speakers out there. you may want to think about going 6.5's up front as well. most 6x9's suck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
I just replaced the "Rockford Fosgate" package tweeters in my dash. They are a 4ohm 3" cone(the size is a guess), but they are not a conventional tweeter like you would expect on a component set. A real tweeter sounds much clearer, but install a bass blocker. The factory setup was sendind 2 much bass 2 my tweeters before the bass blockers. In case your wondering they were infinitys and a 6.5" went in the doors with an adaptor plate. The only problem I had was the factory door speakers are 2 Ohm so now they are getting half power till my amps go in.

The thought occured to me what a great upgrade to replace only the dash tweeters on the factory system would be, for little invested.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mylt1 said:
Burt said:
What speaker sizes and locations in a 06 nismo 4x4 king cab without the stereo rockford options.
Think im gion to go with a kenwood KDC-MP828 with the digital srs wow effect, got the special edition in my acura and the dsp is good. Going to run it with a eq and a kenwood kds p110 digital sound processor(Best one ive ever seen, bought it in 1995).

Whats the top of the line speakers right now? Im running diamonds in my acura, but I remember the stereo shop guy showing me cheap speakers that supposedly is better.
not sure about the tweeters in the dash but the front door speakers are 6x9's and the rear doors are 6.5's from what i have read. also as far as speakers go inifinity has some of the best sounding speakers out there. you may want to think about going 6.5's up front as well. most 6x9's suck.
Yeah 6x9's in the front is pretty WIERD to me, guess you have to make your own baffle to mount 6.5 seperates then?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,939 Posts
Burt said:
Yeah 6x9's in the front is pretty WIERD to me, guess you have to make your own baffle to mount 6.5 seperates then?
just have to make an adapter plate or order a set form somewhere like crutchfield.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top