Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've recently purchased a frontier (running) with a bad rod knock. I bought a used engine VQ40 and installed it. Engine cranks and Its getting spark, I've checked the fuel fuse and cant really hear if the pump is working (should i be able to?). Is there a reason that the pump wouldn't work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok after some diagnosing I found the reason the engine wouldn't start, 4 of 6 injectors are not working (clogged?). Does any one know how to clean them out?

Also after some leakage from the Quick connect fitting to the fuel rail, I've decided to rebuild the fitting reusing the plastic spacers and buying some o-rings from the auto parts store and after kinda wrecking the old clip I've found a replacement for it, Doorman Part # 800-093 at autozone. 5/16 is the one I used.
Edit: Nissan said they don't sell those clips separate and that I had to buy a new fuel line!(BS) So I did some digging and found the right parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: Cleaned the injectors out with carb cleaner and started right up. Did the " accelerator pedal released position learning procedure", "Throttle valve closed position learning procedure", and the "Idle air volume learning procedure". She purrs like a kitten now! :) Much thanks to the guys at Haynes for putting together a clear repair Manual. Glad I jumped on this frontier for a steal($600 for the truck and $2000 for the engine) and now know how everything works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts