Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last one for today...debadged...Just used fishing line (or dental floss). Clean the area first. Let the fishing line cut the glue holding the badging to the body, and then once enough was cut, I twisted/pulled it off. Then used my fingers and had to manually clean off as much of the residue as possible (this was pain, especially because Frontier has so many damn letters). Finally, used some weak polish to buff the remaining residue off. People say you can use something like goo-gone but I preferred polish. Just make sure you use a lot and clean the area as much as possible. Keep the area wet with polish...put a rag underneath so the plastic of the bumper doesn't turn too white.

Just becareful when taking em off, if you try to pull the letters/numbers off, their corners can dig into the paint. So be sure to pull them off without generating too much of an angle or you'll have scratches.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I personally like the Frontier badge on the back. I did of course remove the Dealer's vinyl decal and the pinstripes the day I got it home.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KingTut said:
I personally like the Frontier badge on the back. I did of course remove the Dealer's vinyl decal and the pinstripes the day I got it home.
I like both looks, but what bothers me is that the letter collect wax and are a pain to clean...That's what pretty much pushed me to debadging. Now I don't have to worry about using a paintbrush to get the wax out!

·
Registered
113 Posts
debag

nice, very nice. Think I'll try that too.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I too removed the letters from the back of my LE KC. You can see what the look is on a white truck at www.picturetrail.com/okiescot. I really like the clean look, just wish the black plastic piece was not on there to give it a really clean look. I am still thinking about
painting the plastic piece to match the truck, just can't make up my mind for sure.

OkieScot

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Post pics people! :)

OkieScot, I think it'd look pretty nice with a painted tailgate cover. Maybe you can find an extra cover someplace and paint that...then you'll have two you can switch between.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Kilago,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll check with my dealer and see what the price is.

OkieScot

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OkieScot,

You have a shot of the tailgate of your truck? I can try and photochop it for you...I looked around but a lot of em are dirty or at really bad angles...the more straighton the picture is the easier...

Kilago

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Hope you don't mind OkieScot. I couldn't get your pictures to come up on "picturetrail" either but had alreally downloaded a picture of your tailgate earlier I'll post. Wanted to also comment about the black tailgate piece you have asked about on another post. Since you have painted some of your black trim white already, I think it would look nice painted white with the chrome trim pieces. Don't think it would be too much chrome, it would complliment the other chrome pieces you have. It's one of the reasons I decided on black cause thought that big black piece looked ugly.

Maybe someone can help me with a couple of items:

Don't really want to take off the Frontier badge off the tailgate but it looks empty on the right side of the Nismo 4X2. Has anyone thought of anything that could go on that side. I saw a post somewhere about how you could get the letters N-I-S-M-O from Frontier and something else (maybe Maxima and Sentra)?

Does anyone make a chrome piece or any type piece to cover the third brake light? I've seen several different styles on other trucks.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Nismo54,

Thank you for posting the picture. not sure why you couldn't bring up the pictures.
They are at www.picturetrail.com/okiescot. That is the only shot I have of the rear of the truck. The next time my friend is in town I'll try to get a better shot of the rear.

kilago,

This is the only shot I have of the rear of the truck and I am not sure if it will be enough to be able to do anything with. It would certainly be better if you could find a straight on shot of the tailgate. As I said above, I'll try to get my friend to come down and get a better shot on the website.

Thanks to both of you for your help.

OkieScot

·
Registered
75 Posts
Cool! I had my "frontier" taken off by a local body shop for free..
it make the tail gate look alot less jumbled in my opinion .... and with the new body style of the frontier (05) it keeps everyone guessing

·
Registered
21 Posts
Inspired by this thread, I debadged my tailgate today....looks 10 fold better! Storm Grey by the way and I used fishing line to get the badges off.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
kilago,

I have added the chrome tailgate surround from Burtman and have added some pictures of it at www.picturetrail.com/okiescot. Would it be possible to photochop it
with the black plastic piece painted white? They are the 12th and 13th pictures in my album.

I thought the piece by itself did not look right white, but with the chrome surround to separate it from the rest of the tailgate it might look okay.

Thank you in advance for your help.

OkieScot

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OkieScot said:
kilago,

I have added the chrome tailgate surround from Burtman and have added some pictures of it at www.picturetrail.com/okiescot. Would it be possible to photochop it
with the black plastic piece painted white? They are the 12th and 13th pictures in my album.

I thought the piece by itself did not look right white, but with the chrome surround to separate it from the rest of the tailgate it might look okay.

Thank you in advance for your help.

OkieScot
Hey Okie...sure, but I can't get into your picturetrail.com site for some reason...

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I don't know what the problem is. I always check the site when I post it and I checked it again just now and it is working. You might try typing it in, in your address section and see if that will bring it up.

I am sorry that I do not know how to post pictures from there to this forum or I would
post them. it is hard to teach and old dog new tricks. I am lucky to even be able to
get to the forums let alone bring anything with me.

okieScot

1 - 18 of 18 Posts