Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think anyone here is going to go this hardcore with the 05 or newer Frontier but if there is anyone out there that has the cash/balls and is doing it or planing on SASing their Frontier I'd like to see pics of the build. I'm not saying that I'm going to SAS my 05 but maybe when it gets paid off I'll consider it. For those of you who doesn't know what SAS stands for its this, Solid Axle Swap.

·
Registered
361 Posts
When I got my truck, I went to the local 4 Wheel Parts store and asked about lifts. They suggested a SAS. I suggested they do it for free and do a write up on it for their mag. They declined.

·
Banned
410 Posts
that was my next project after rhinolining the whole truck before i sold it if that counts for anything lol. of your can buy a 98-04 and calmini has a bolt on SAS kit. it seems like a pretty sick set up. god i miss my frontier so much, i wonder what i was thinking the day i traded it off lol.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
outlnder said:
When I got my truck, I went to the local 4 Wheel Parts store and asked about lifts. They suggested a SAS. I suggested they do it for free and do a write up on it for their mag. They declined.
That sounded like a good deal to me. LOL

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Frontin said:
that was my next project after rhinolining the whole truck before i sold it if that counts for anything lol. of your can buy a 98-04 and calmini has a bolt on SAS kit. it seems like a pretty sick set up. god i miss my frontier so much, i wonder what i was thinking the day i traded it off lol.
Their kit is nice and its cool that its all bolt in. But I'd think that SASing a Nissan would just like SASing any other truck (Toyota). To keep thinhgs simple use some Rancho 44044 springs (Waggy 2.5" lift springs). The spings will give around 5" of lift on a Taco so I'd guess they'd give about the same amount of lift on the Frontier. Get a Jeep Waggy D44, custom front drive shaft, and I'm surue you could just use the shock hoops that the Toyota guys use when they SAS their trucks. It wouldn't be hard to fab up the hangers.

Go check out the parts at trail-gear.com who has the best prices on SAS parts.
Someone needs to start make SAS kits like them and the other Toyota SAS comp. such as All Pro, Marlin, Sky, Big Rocks, Front Range, and a few more. All these shops make SAS kits and parts. I think that if they start getting alot of emails from Nissan owners asking for SAS kits and parts I'm sure they'll looking into it.

·
Banned
410 Posts
only thing is, i think everone (besides me) cares about there brand new truck to much to do any type of offroading to truley need a SAS. come to think of it, not even i trashed my truck hard enough to need a SAS. but i bought a jeep with a SFA and im deff going to beat the hell out of it!! lol

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
There is a 05 x on NOR that is getting a SAS.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw that 05 Xterra. Its really sweet but I'd run 37's instead of 35"s. Like I said easlier I'll consider it when I get my truck paided and the new wears off.

There is some guys from south FL that have some older frontier's that are SAS's and that look sweet and they wheel them too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts