Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all. I'm the proud owner of a 05 Nissan Frontier LE and enjoy the compliments that come with its styling. Unfortunately trouble with my frontier brings me here and as I am baffled to find answers and so after searching for answers I happen to stubble up this forum. My vehicle is nice in its class but since 60,000kms (40,000 miles) i have experianced on going problems which disappoints me to no end as I have purchased the vehicle new and also have maintained it the way Nissan recommends with all servicing done at the dealer where purchased. Problems included are bursted transmission cooler at 40,000 miles which allowed antifreeze (glycol) to damage my transmission which i recently had to have rebuilt because Nissan warrenteed the radiator but would do nothing about the transmission. Now the transmission is just out of warrentee it failed completely although i complained while it was in warrenty and Nissan says basically they don't care and to bad for you. Now transmission is fixed it shakes when in overdrive and i can't figure out why.
I have owned a Ford 4x4 and a GMC 4x4 trucks previously and had trouble but never a radiator or transmission trouble so early in the vehicles life before. I'm really disappointed with my product and can't trade it in as Istill owe far amount of money on it and would get nothing in the end for my trade in. I guess I'm here to share my story and let others know what pricks the Nissan company is. Toyota here I come.

·
Super Moderator
11,070 Posts
You have a 5 year 60,000 mile powertrain warranty. Don't back down, demand a free transmission and if necessary I'd call an attorney.
You need to pick your words wisely to infer they too can have toyota like issues by not listening to their customers and things hit the tv news.

Clint

1 - 2 of 2 Posts