Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have decided I am going to sale my truck and move on to something different. I don't have my mind set on anything exactly yet. Have to sell the truck first...

2005 Nismo KC Black 6-speed, 62,000 miles, original owner, never smoked in, hell I never even let people eat in it!!! Never abused or heavy off-road, very well taken care of, changed the front and rear diff fluid, tranny, transfer case, coolant, and brake fluid at 40K. I have always used Mobil 1 oil every 5k. The interior is in excellent condition, exterior is in good condition. I had bed liner sprayed on the sides 2 years ago because of the chips Frontiers get on the bed sides. The truck looks very good, I still get complements on it from random people.

Has all the standard Nismo features plus the 6 disc changer and steering wheel controls. Frontier all season floor mats. I even have the brand new Nismo carpet mats. Nissan hood protector, Nismo intake and Nismo exhaust (only 1 year old). BFG A/T's stock size. Remote starter, window tint. I have a clean PA title in had.

Edit: has the tow package with a digital brake controller also.

I just grabbed these 2 pics for now. If someone is interested I can get a bunch more of the truck, under the hood, inside, etc...

Just checked on KBB and private party good condition is $15,100 so I am asking $14,000 firm.

·
Registered
935 Posts
How far from Harrisburg area do you live. A coworker liked my truck, and is looking around for a second vehicle. I'll pass the info to him tomorrow

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How far from Harrisburg area do you live. A coworker liked my truck, and is looking around for a second vehicle. I'll pass the info to him tomorrow
Thanks man, I'm about 3 hours from you. My zip is 15943.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can vouch for Eric's truck!!! IT IS CLEAN AND VERY VERY WELL TAKEN CARE OF!!!!!!!

GLWS man! Whats next?
Thanks man, yes my truck is super clean. Someone will be getting one nice ride.

I am not 100% sure on what I will buy next. As of right now I'm leaning towards a 2011 Subaru WRX sedan.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Really good price and very clean looking. If I was still in the market I'd buy it. Is it 2wd or 4wd?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Really good price and very clean looking. If I was still in the market I'd buy it. Is it 2wd or 4wd?
Thanks, it is 4wd. I am going to advertise it at $15,000 here local. $14,000 is my bottom dollar so I just got right to the point for fellow Frontier fans.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took a bunch of pics with my phone today. Here are a few of them...

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
Very clean truck. Good luck with the sale. If you ever want to make a trip north you can come bedliner my truck for me haha

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very clean truck. Good luck with the sale. If you ever want to make a trip north you can come bedliner my truck for me haha
Thanks man, I can't take credit for that job. I had it done at Penn Glass and Fender. For what I paid it wasn't worth trying to do it myself. They did an awesome job and it still looks like the day they did it.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not having much luck online or local with the truck. Seems most people in the market for a used truck are looking to spend 8-10K.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tried to trade the truck in today on a 2011 WRX. They offered me 11K off of RETAIL on the car. What a joke! I drove by a dealer that had a few used Frontier's out front and the cheapest one was a 2005 SE Crew Cab manual with 80K on it for 15,500. Told him that and he had nothing to say really.

At this point I am wishing I had a Tacoma for the resale value.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
when i was getting ready to trade i used cars.com to check out what the truck with similar miles and condition was selling for around me. saw 2 sitting around $14k, but truthfully a dealer wont get that when selling and they know it. and if i wanted to sell mine myself for $14k i would have been sitting on it awhile. i had 85k miles, good body and interior, ok tires and brakes, but my ujoints were done and my steering rack was on its way out.

sometimes you have to make a calculated decision if/when trading. for me, i took $12.1k for my truck on trade to not have to deal with trying to sell it myself. then managed to get my car at cost minus recent grad cash and at no interest for 4 years and they were still doing the 2 years free maintenance at the time. for me, the deal was worth it. i have super low payments, no interest and am saving a substantial amount in gas every month, and now a vehicle that i do not have to worry about anything on for the next 7/72.

my vote - know what to expect on trade (they will always try to hose you) but also dont even let them know about the trade until you get them to the price you want on the new. and be ready to walk (but you seem to already know this rule).

best of luck bro.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I would understand a low trade number if they would discount the car but that deal was ridiculous. My truck is super clean. Interior looks brand new. I know the salesman pretty well at my local Nissan dealer and he said that truck would go for $15K all day long sitting on the lot.
I said I'll pay retail for the car but I want 14K for the truck and I will take it today.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We'll she's gone....

A good friend of mine got in touch with a salesman he knows at a high volume dealer and put together a good deal for me so I ended up getting 14K for the truck.

Ended up getting a 2011 Subaru WRX sedan like I wanted for some time now. I liked the truck but never use it as a truck anymore and was just sick of driving it everyday while the car is a blast to drive. If I ever need a truck a friend of mine lives walking distance from me has a GMC 2500HD duramax that will get anything done I need it to.

·
Registered
274 Posts
congrats man. Once my truck is paid off I plan to buy a wrx too. I've been in love with them for a long time

·
Registered
551 Posts
We'll she's gone....

A good friend of mine got in touch with a salesman he knows at a high volume dealer and put together a good deal for me so I ended up getting 14K for the truck.

Ended up getting a 2011 Subaru WRX sedan like I wanted for some time now. I liked the truck but never use it as a truck anymore and was just sick of driving it everyday while the car is a blast to drive. If I ever need a truck a friend of mine lives walking distance from me has a GMC 2500HD duramax that will get anything done I need it to.
Did you trade w/ the exhaust?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
congrats man. Once my truck is paid off I plan to buy a wrx too. I've been in love with them for a long time
Thanks, I've always liked the sti but they are too expensive and I wouldn't want a used one without knowing who owned it. I really started to like the wrx in 09 but the changes for 2011 did it for me.

Did you trade w/ the exhaust?
Ya, it actually helped with the deal since it was an actual Nismo part and not just aftermarket. I still have the bed extender and Frontier all season mats for the front and back if your interested.

Pic of the new ride..

Attachments

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't have a utilitrack bed but I am interested in the mats!
Ok, 50 bucks for ya. I've only had them for a year so they are like new. That's strange, I didn't know you could get a Nismo without the utilitrack. Wish I would have known that because I would never pay for Nissan's factory liner due to the issue I had with it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts