Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
05 KC Sliding Bed Extender w/ Custom Channel Rail system unleashed!

A few months ago some of you may remember that i had purchased a sliding bed extender for my 05 King Cab Frontier and i could not install it because i had no channel system or C rails to mount the bed extender on to. Well, those days are over because this past weekend me and my dad installed a custom channel system to the bed of the truck and i now have the sliding bed extender mounted to the system and working like a charm! Here's a few pics...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Nice work man!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks there was a few people that said i should return the bed extender cuz i didnt have the rails but i refused and stepped up the challenge and thanks to my pops and our hard work we did it. Its done! and i know the bed extender isnt the only benefit towards having the rails. Now i could get the tie-down cleats for extra use of the rails.

·
Registered
400 Posts
ahhh the wonders of uni-strut - the stuff has so many uses. Nice work!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
looks good!! other than the bed rail cover, what is the rail bolted on to?
The inner lip of the side rail caps of the truck is where i began this process. I bolted three small pieces of the rail on both sides as u can see on the first photo then i bolted the actual rail onto that. This is a sloted galvanized c-rail that i used, which is the same stuff that plumbers and electricians use, its very strong.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Hey Android,

How's that holding up? Are you able to set it up like the pic below? I'm meaning about the one in the top right.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Android,

How's that holding up? Are you able to set it up like the pic below? I'm meaning about the one in the top right.

Actually no the tool box is in the way. I'd have to move it just a few cenemeters to the left.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Excellent work. Looks like a solid installation job! You'll find that the Uni-strut stuff has tons of uses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts