Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
05 Fronty XE audio help!

Well glad to be back on the clubfrontier scene. It's been a while since I've even logged in. But I recently purchased an 05 XE and I guess it's the basic of basic models. There's still Manual windows and door locks. This truck came with no head unit and from what I could see from the top of the dash (it cracked as i pulled on the plastic, didnt wanna crack it anymore) there's no wires to connect an aftermarket stereo that I know of. So my questions are...is there a wire harness back there that is stuffed where I can't see it? And if not, does anyone know of the parts/wires I would need to make this happen? Thanks in advance. Hopefully one of yall did this mod already. Tag the link if this was done. Peace!

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
I would say welcome back, but I have not logged in much longer of a time it has been about 6 hours, you you beat me by 5 hours and 59 minutes

either way hello

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You have no radio from the factory?

Click on the link in my sig for my replacement install. But if you have no speakers, etc. I don't know.
Yup no radio....just a blank plastic cover where the stock stereo is supposed to be. So big question ....do these wire harnesses plug into existing stock wires in the dash to the new H.U.? I really wanna post some photos so you guys can see what's going on....but the plastic has been exposed to the sun and it's cracking as I tug on the center dash. I just don't wanna obliterate it form nothing. Btw it's a budget project truck.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
So big question ....do these wire harnesses plug into existing stock wires in the dash to the new H.U.?
I'm 99 percent sure that Nissan doesn't build a truck without connectors for installing a radio.

It's just not economical for them to tool up for a different harness, particularly since the vast majority of all trucks have a radio installed by either the factory or dealer.

Suggestion: Pull the cover off (doesn't matter if it cracks, since you won't need it after you install a radio anyway), and see what connectors are actually back there. Until you know that, you're just guessing.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm 99 percent sure that Nissan doesn't build a truck without connectors for installing a radio.

It's just not economical for them to tool up for a different harness, particularly since the vast majority of all trucks have a radio installed by either the factory or dealer.

Suggestion: Pull the cover off (doesn't matter if it cracks, since you won't need it after you install a radio anyway), and see what connectors are actually back there. Until you know that, you're just guessing.
I was pretty sure too...I just didn'twant to crack the "center dash" not the plastic insert for the radio. But I checked and yes it was tucked all the way down behind the AC wires. That's why I couldn't see it from the top. But I still cracked the center dash at the top which sucks. But I installed my old skoo HU. I don't remember how to post photos on here. I would show you gus the finished product. But thanks again man for the push.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts