Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
05+ Frontie, PRG 3" sl, and alingment cam question

Those of you with an 05+ frontier and got the 3" PRG suspension lift did you have to purchase the alignment cams too?

Thanks,
fish

·
Registered
637 Posts
2005's come with them from the Factory.

2006's sometimes need them for the 2.5" kit so I am sure they are necessary for the 3" kit. I think they are $50 so may as well get them and install instead of waiting until the lift is done.

You can also do the poor mans alignment cams which involves trimming your existing non adjustable ones thus creating an adjustable alignment cam. Thats what my shop did for me and works just fine. Its weird as they only had to do it on the pass side, they were able to get the drivers side aligned without issue.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I bought them for my 09 frontier with just 2" coilover spacers. Without them my alignment was unable to be performed properly. Just be weary of the $290 charge that the dealer wants to install four bolts. Your best bet is to install the bolts yourself then take it to the dealership afterwards.

Edit: The bolts are $18 a piece. total cost came to about $80 for the alignment cams.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I bought them for my 09 frontier with just 2" coilover spacers. Without them my alignment was unable to be performed properly. Just be weary of the $290 charge that the dealer wants to install four bolts. Your best bet is to install the bolts yourself then take it to the dealership afterwards.

Edit: The bolts are $18 a piece. total cost came to about $80 for the alignment cams.
Unless you buy them from PRG they are a lot less ($50ish).

Dont take it to the dealer either. Find a good front end / alignement shop and they will do it for much less. I paid $84 to have the passenger side cam removed, ground down, and reinstalled and completed with a front end alignment. Of the $84, $25 was the additional labor to remove and modify the bolt. I assume if I brought in cams it wouldnt have been more than $50 to R&R both sides.

They dont refer to them as "stealerships" for no reason.

·
Registered
272 Posts
yes, the 09's dont have alignment cams from the factory, greg will discount them if you buy them from him if u buy the lift at the same time..

·
Registered
2009 Nissan Pro-4x 2 wheel drive
91 Posts
My 09 needed them with a 2 inch lift.

Ed

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
My '08 needed them with 3" spacer lift

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.