Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:)

I like how it is smaller then the one on ebay and tighter fitted under the longside of the bench seat. Who did that for you? And/or did you make the subbox yourself. What are the measurements? Thanks.

http://www.clubfrontier.org/postt226.html
I'm assuming you're talking about my sub box - if not - ooh well - free info!:

I built it myself out of 5/8" Thick MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) This box is probably the 20th sub enclosure I've ever built.. Used to do it a LOT in my younger days. I can't really give you measurements, because it was built on the fly, and using only a small table saw.

Its a parallelogram, so the angles are too difficult to describe, and because of the Massive Voice-Coil Magnets that are on the woofers, they were the absolute BIGGEST WOOFERS that I could cram back there..

I would recommend building a similar enclosure using 8" woofers, or possibly a single voice coil woofer that isn't quite as big...

Its a Sealed enclosure, and the JL 10w3D4 10" Woofers BARELY FIT!!!

I had to cut cone shaped holes in the back of the enclosure so the magnet could stick through the box!

I made it so I wouldn't lose the back seat, and put 1/8" thick expanded metal grilles over the speaker so my Dog can ride in the back without damaging the woofers...

Done!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do your back seats go all the way down.. ? It doesn't look like it in the pics but you still have my vote!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah - they go all the way flat when someone sits on the seat...

Basically, the carpeting, and a small piece of foam is all that keeps the seats from sitting completely flat. I designed it so the seat wouldn't sit completely flat and cut off the airflow from the woofers...

It leaves about a 1/2" airspace for the speakers to breathe when nobody is sitting back there..

PS - Not sure what you're talking about when it comes to 20 hz - No - you can't hear it, but thats the point - it helps you find things that rattle like license plates, plastic parts, and stuff like that. Thats all I use the sweep for anyway :D

I was suprised that NOTHING on the truck rattles enough to make any noise... Cool
8)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not my style, but I voted yes for you. I think it's a clean, natural looking install. Awesome for what it is.

By the way, nice idea on the metal grill over the subs.

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
i voted yes because you did it your self.....mad props. :D but you lose alot of leg room :(
but if all you care about is how it sounds and dont care about anybody eles comfort more power to ya...its tour hard eared money that paided for your truck, if they dont like it they can buy there own car to cart their own butts
around town :twisted: i feel better now :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts