Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having a funny problem with the idle on my 05 LE. It would work just fine on a cold start, but when the engine was warmed up and I was idling in drive at a stoplight or something, the engine would stutter a bit and the oil pressure would really drop.

The dealership says they found the problem which was the idle was set too low. To fix it, the invoice says they "performed accelerator pedal released position learning" and "performed throttle valve closed position learning"

The oil pressure will still go up and down a bit when in gear and idling (which they said is normal), but I think the problem is fixed, or much better at least.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I think the 4-cylinder only comes on the XE.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i have had the same thing happen on my 06, but never thought anything of it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
StormNISMO -- I do own (therefore this note was about) a V6 CC LE.

Incidentally, my wife has an '03 Maxima with some idle roughness also. I found a very interesting thread over at maxima.org that tells the steps to take to reset the ECU and do the learning procedures for both the throttle valve and idle air volume controller. You can see it at: http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=2411638#post2411638. Judging by the different posts about the benefits of these procedures, this might come in handy for my Frontier in the future.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I HAVE THE SAME PROB WITH MY O5 6CYL. OIL PRESSURE IS FINE TILL IT WARMS UP AND THEN IT JUST DROPS OFF TO NOTHING AT IDLE. DEALER SAID IT WAS NORMAL, BUT I'M REALLY NOT SURE.

BINGE

·
Registered
361 Posts
Mine doesn't drop to nothing. In fact, after warm up, it hardly moves at all from dead center.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts