Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my truck recently threw a 0345 code and had the typical engine dies and it will start right up. i changed the cam position sensor, passenger side. 2nd time since 2012. i cleared the code, it still dies occasionally. but starts again. i'm using the SES light technique to get the codes. i checked for a code again and the SES light blinks 5 times slowly and that's it. what is it?
please help, there is nothing worse than a vehicle that randomly dies.:frown:

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4WD
135 Posts
I had this happen to my truck several times while driving. not a fun experience especially with mama and kids riding. Check your battery. Mine was toast. After I got a new one, I didn't have any problems.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Not sure it is the same issue but my truck was running sluggish the past month (not dying though). I had the fuel filter replaced on Monday and has been running great ever since. May want to check your battery also as Sho_Nuff said.

Also, 2 1/2 years ago, my truck was really running sluggish and I had one of those fuel system clean ups at Jiffy Lube. This is where they place an IV type bottle under your hood and run fuel system cleaner fluid through the system instead of just pouring some in the gas tank. This work wonders for my truck. Your results may vary.

Best wishes, it can be frustrating.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Not sure it is the same issue but my truck was running sluggish the past month (not dying though). I had the fuel filter replaced on Monday and has been running great ever since. May want to check your battery also as Sho_Nuff said.

Also, 2 1/2 years ago, my truck was really running sluggish and I had one of those fuel system clean ups at Jiffy Lube. This is where they place an IV type bottle under your hood and run fuel system cleaner fluid through the system instead of just pouring some in the gas tank. This work wonders for my truck. Your results may vary.

Best wishes, it can be frustrating.
Do you realize that you don't actually have a separate fuel filter? It's part of the fuel pump/Guage unit in the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts