Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 XE and where I live it hits around 100 everyday during the summer. I've noticed that when I'm not moving for more than 2 minutes or so the A/C stops working and blows hot air. Start moving and it instantly goes back to being ice cold.

Anyone have this before? I'm thinking it may need an electric fan on the condenser. My parents '06 Xterra stays ice cold no matter what.

·
Registered
492 Posts
May be getting low on freon. Had to take my 05 in because it stopped blowing cold air about 2 years ago. They recharged and check for leaks and found none. No trouble since.

·
Registered
55 Posts
my 05 sentra ser spec v with a qr25de in it does the same thing. The dealer couldnt get it to do it for them but I hear a loud clunk when the compressor tries to kick on. The only thing a mechanic friend of mine suggested that if it is overfilled the compressor or lines could be freezing due to it being over charged. He suggested making sure that on the guage it is in the blue and not in the green. If i remeber correctly while the ac is running. I havent tried it yet since its in the body shop but it may be worth checking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts