Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O5 Nismo v6 4x4 transfercase bad oil leak. Looks like it's coming from the transfercase front drive shaft oil seal. Leaking in the picture I'm posting. It's been back to the dealer twice since I purchased it three weeks ago. Four days each time. Thank God there giving me a free loaner car each time.. Going back tomorrow. I had them write in my purchase agreement that they would fix the oil leaks if I purchased it.
Thanks Rayzzz. My Nismo likes my money

·
Registered
770 Posts
Common problem. They fixed the design of the seal. Replaced mine 80k miles ago and no leaks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Back to the dealer Monday for repair under warranty. Bad part is I gave them info on what's wrong and they still want to wait and look at before they get parts. 5 days at the dealer each time and they overlooked it each time but did other repairs but not that one. I guess they don't want to get oil on their hands. Trip number three coming up.
Thanks Rayzzz My Nismo likes my money

·
Registered
265 Posts
Common problem. They fixed the design of the seal. Replaced mine 80k miles ago and no leaks
Did you replace it yourself? What was involved with that kind of job? Any special tools needed like a transmission jack?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts