Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a how to on removing the stock head unit from an o5-o6 dash? I just thought I would ask the question before I dug into it. Anything I need to watch for or avoid? All help appreciated....

And yes, I tried the search but found nothing useful.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
mrdezyne said:
Does anyone have a how to on removing the stock head unit from an o5-o6 dash? I just thought I would ask the question before I dug into it. Anything I need to watch for or avoid? All help appreciated....

And yes, I tried the search but found nothing useful.
just pull out on the face of the plastic that goes around the whole cluster. it is easy, nothing special.

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's pretty easy. Grab the trim piece that goes around the heating controls and give it a good tug out. It should pop right off. There are four screws holding the head unit in. Unscrew those, pull the head unit out, and unscrew the mounting frame from the head unit. Unplug the harnesses from the back, you're done. Oh, one thing I learned the hard way - When you're wiring up the aftermarked head unit to the harness adapter, there's no where to attach a ground wire. The head unit is grounded by the mounting frame.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
psychoam2 said:
Oh, one thing I learned the hard way - When you're wiring up the aftermarked head unit to the harness adapter, there's no where to attach a ground wire. The head unit is grounded by the mounting frame.
Thanks, I did find this little tidbit while searching for info. I'm mounting an indash touch screen GPS/MP3 player in the factory head unit spot and my after market head unit will go below the A/C controls in the extra pocket.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think i'm late on this reply, but, I did the removal and install on my 05 Frontier. It was insanely easy. Infact, there was a universal "pocket" that bolted on with the stock screws and mounting bracket. In total, 20mins.

-jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts