Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This recall won't begin until mid April. This only covers the King Cab models. It doesn't seem like too big of a problem!! It looks like they will just be fixing the fuel cap tether and the pin assembly to the cap. Seems like a pretty easy fix to me, let's hope!!

Link:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12150860/from/RSS/

·
Registered
838 Posts
i noticed my fuel door was swaying when i took it off the lot that day, but i said screw it and went home. 1 week later, i had the stealership repair the door. it must of taken no longer than 20 minutes.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Nismo4me said:
I replaced my cap with a locking one already :lol:
Jay
where do you get these lockable caps? I tried contacting the dealer I got my truck from and said they never heard about any lockables one available fpr the 05-06.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I took off the tether and put on a locking cap first day. Got mine at PepBoys, they propably won't have a listing for 05-06 yet, but take yours in and match it up, believe one for 04 fits. I've seen them at AutoZone and Advance too.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
NISMO_R6 said:
Nismo4me said:
I replaced my cap with a locking one already :lol:
Jay
where do you get these lockable caps? I tried contacting the dealer I got my truck from and said they never heard about any lockables one available fpr the 05-06.

Check with some Nissan sites,Courtesy Parts.com has them on there Pathfinder site.Should work on the Frontier.They are Stant locking gas caps & there $16.95

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Buggered Up Gas Cap

The gas cap in my '06 CC has always been hard to remove, but last night it got downright scary when we were low on gas on the way home from a trip -- I couldn't get the cap off! After messing with it for several minutes, it finally released thank heaven. My wife noticed white plastic shavings had fallen off, but fortunately not into the tank.

I took it to the dealer this morning and they installed a new gas cap with no fuss. This'un works fine. If it evenyually fails like the last one did, I'll know the problem is with the threads in the filler neck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts