Nissan Frontier Forum banner

04 reverse lights stay on the hole time my headlights are on. anyone know why???

Tags
lights
2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  xaktly 
#1 ·
my reverse lights suddenly came on and stay on while my headlight are one? the only thing i have done recently is install hid but i dont think it happen at the same time. been pulled over it so i need to get a remedy quick

#3 ·
Have you replaced any bulbs in your taillights recently? I've seen many people put bulbs in the tails wrong and have this happen. Either wrong socket or plugged in backwards. Not entirely sure if it's possible on these though. Put the truck in reverse. If it lights up your brake lights there you go.

#4 ·
Get LED over HID. In my 01 I have Replaced all bulbs inside & out with LED. The only issue is with my tail lights, since I had to replace my 3rd brake anyway since it stopped working as well. Long story short is my 3rd is always on like a dim tail light & gets brighter when I push the brakes as it should & if I would replace the tail lights back to regular bulbs, the 3rd brake will go out& work fine. I haven’t gotten pulled over for it probably because it’s not a bright light on the whole time. Oh, sometimes the ABS light comes on too because of the LED tail bulbs, but I’m not gonna go back to incandescent bulbs... nah 😂

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.