Nissan Frontier Forum banner

04' CC LB Bedliner on Rocker Panels

5K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  grantypanties218 
#1 ·
I ended up talking a buddy of mine with an 04' CC LB into coating his fenders and rocker panels with bedliner from the Xtreme coatings place in Portland (first picture). This is the same place I got my 07' done about a year ago (second picture attached). great work and you can not beat their price and willing to work with you on what you want and time frame. I only have this garbage cell phone pic, I will get some more later. We are currently making some sliders for him in the shop, so we will wait until those get on. stay tuned for some in progress shots.

By the way, the motivation for all of this was him running up a little trail that had an 8" root sticking out of the bank that just trashed his stock "step bars" and left a big dent in the rocker of the rear passenger door and body just under the rocker. we figured it would cost far less to bedline it and get sliders then actualy deal with the damage! And have more protection in the future. ha.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
we pulled the damage "to the best of our ability" prior. not perfect by any means, but hardly visiable now that it is coated up. and will be completly gone once the sliders are put on.

pointless: I disagree (obviously), unless you see point in scratching and chipping the hell out of your paint. It has saved my paint and probably even some damage a number of times my fenders have made contact with steep trail edges. for example, look on your rocker panels behind both front and back tires, notice all the chips, soon to be rust. but to each their own as you stated.

#7 · (Edited)
500$ for each truck.

i was talking about the first gen like the title says sir

if that 04 was to come in contact with steep trail edges it would do alot more damage (cracking it) than it would to a metal surface such as a door.
your right about that! that is exactly what it did to the 04 when the fender hit that root, cracked it and knocked it out of the little clips that hold it on. easy enough to clip it back on, but still had a crack until the bedliner "glued" it back together.

#8 ·
^^^ what ever you say

my opinion doesnt count i dont like that little rounded part behind the fender flare making it look like the flare was carried out onto the door

to me if i was to make an artificial looking flare on the door i would also do it on the fuel door

#9 ·
if you think 500 is a good deal to spray that on the flares and rockers, somebodies gotta be high. to each its own tho. you can get a bed sprayed for that. ohh and that gas door and extended out arc on the door doesnt flow. to me at least. kinda no servy any pointy

#10 ·
That pic does make the lines looks a little swervy, and they might be a bit. good thing its not a show truck but a truck for playing in the woods with.

spraying a bed "should" always be cheaper, less masking and less prep. thats where the money is in these applications. Not saying its the best deal ever, just the best deal I found after calling 4 places in the region.

#11 ·
im not gettin the less masking and prep. you still gotta mask off the truck and sand down the bed to have it sprayed?????, is it linex or arma coat? or is it that rubber looking bs?

#12 ·
idk i bet getting the bed sprayed and what you got down is pretty close to the same area. but id say there is more prep in doing the bed do to all the curves/nooks/crannies. the rockers are relatively flat. from what ive heard that spray on bedliner doesnt stick welll to plastic either

all i am saying is that part behind the fender and that gas door look pointless/stupid but its not my truck so i dont care 2gen looks good tho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.