Nissan Frontier Forum banner

'02 Frontier CC system install

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  DannyD22 
#1 ·
This past Monday Labor Day I finally got around to installing the sound system in my truck that I pulled from the Z. I started around 9am and a few buddies came over around 2 to help and hang out
That helped speed things up ALOT and we were done around 6:30 with minimal troubleshooting :D Equipment is as follows:

Alpine CDA9835 (I love this thing, I hope it NEVER dies)
Alpine KCA420i external iPod adapter (old school, new decks have this built in)
JL Audio 300/4 4ch amp (recently factory repaired blown channel)
JL Audio 500/1 500W sub amp
MB Quart QSD216 front 6.5" components
MB Quart DKH113 rear 5 1/4" coax's
three Image Dynamics 8" ID8 DVC subs
custom ZEnclosures Frontier box (thanks Mike!)
MonsterCable wiring

Space is minimal in this truck, but luckily I was able to mount an amp under each front seat, along with the massive crossover units for the front speakers. Aside from the tweeters in the A-pillars, you'd never know there was an 800W sound system...stealth :cool: Ok on to the pics, sorry for the poop quality, blackberry cameras like to have more light apparently :/

Front seats pulled, amps in place

Distribution block mounted in engine compartment

Wiring started

4ch amp wiring complete

Mounted tweeters with angle mount kit in factory location

I had to trim out some of the excess plastic to get the angle mounts to sit properly. I don't have a dremel, so I used my trusty jigsaw :D

Door panel off and factory speaker removed

MB Quart speaker mounted in ZEnclosures Nissan adapters...thanks again Mike!

Rear speakers mounted (PITA...)

Deck wired and mounted. Best part was I was able to use the same harness I had in the Z
Good 'ol Nissan...

My boy Justin throwin up the deuces!

Front seats back in

Deck powered on, all systems go :) Hope you enjoyed the pics!

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks!

#4 ·
Nice install. The wiring looks really clean.
Have you considered sounds deadener? Dynamat is popular but I used roofing stuff from home depot and it does the same exact thing as dynamat but comes in 25ft by 4 or 6 inch strips instead of a sheet. No smells or anything like some have mentioned and was by far cheaper.

#5 ·
Thanks :) Maybe down the line I'll consider some sound deadening stuff...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.