Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys...thx in advance
I've got an 01 crew cab 4×4 SC ...
I've replaced the motor I did all of the investigation and pre inspection that I could think of before and after installing... I've got a no start...my OBDll said bad Knox and bad crank positioning sencer it's a new Knox installed in the correct place while the motor was out I've put what I'm 95% sure is a good crank positioning I.e. the used one off the other motor witch was running with a knock when I removed it. I've checked the timing belt and the ignition timing I've got spark and 140 psi or more compression on all 6 I know there's fuel to the injection...now I've not checked the injectors but I did put fuel straight in the intake and nothing it stumbles and back fires...I feel it should run for a second but nothing....oh and I've checked the gap and cleaned the plugs and I'm 80/90 % sure the ECM is good as my OBDll tool reads it fine..so now you see I've lost my mind...help!!!...thx again

·
Super Moderator
3,772 Posts
Hi guys...thx in advance
I've got an 01 crew cab 4×4 SC ...
I've replaced the motor I did all of the investigation and pre inspection that I could think of before and after installing... I've got a no start...my OBDll said bad Knox and bad crank positioning sencer it's a new Knox installed in the correct place while the motor was out I've put what I'm 95% sure is a good crank positioning I.e. the used one off the other motor witch was running with a knock when I removed it. I've checked the timing belt and the ignition timing I've got spark and 140 psi or more compression on all 6 I know there's fuel to the injection...now I've not checked the injectors but I did put fuel straight in the intake and nothing it stumbles and back fires...I feel it should run for a second but nothing....oh and I've checked the gap and cleaned the plugs and I'm 80/90 % sure the ECM is good as my OBDll tool reads it fine..so now you see I've lost my mind...help!!!...thx again
The knock sensor nor the crank position sensor will cause you to no start; the crank position sensor on VG engines is only for monitoring and has no direct effect on engine management. If it backfires when you put fuel into the intake, that would suggest a timing issue. Perhaps the distributor is out of time...maybe 180 degrees out?

Reactions: Dirtyhands
1 - 2 of 2 Posts