Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everyone, so this is my new project truck. Was in a small front end collision on the passenger nose. Honestly the core structure isn't bad at all (ignoring New England coating) but the header panel is tweaked as well as rotted on the bottom. I see they aren't all that expensive but notice its spot welded in not bolted. Has anyone swapped one before that has a few tips or tricks?I can weld, I just haven't done sheet metal in that many places before.

As for the plans with this truck is replacing the whole cooling system, air intake as well as the timing belt, tensioner, etc. Any other ideas while I am in there? Spark plugs and wires were done shortly before accident (this was my brothers truck and i did them) and the valve cover gaskets were also done. It need the whole exhaust system due to rot and i want to put headers on it while i due that but first priority is the front end.

Truck is leaning due to low tires

Slight bend behind fender but i can fix that no problem

Lower portion of header panel with glorious New England paint

·
Registered
410 Posts
For the spot weld, you will have to drill the first layer of sheet metal on each weld. Might be easier to drill both and then plug weld. I have to do the same job on mine but with the winter coming, it is already freezing outside. So this job will be for the spring. Definitely interested on how you do it and how it turns out

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm well once i get the fender and the radiator out ill have a better look. Thanks for the input i appreciate it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts