Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2018 Pro4X

My attempt at the Raptor style amber grill lights. Used smoked 3/4” amber LED lights. ATM tap to the 10A clearance light fuse. Matte black acrylic cut to shape and glued in place for the sides and the middle one is just drilled into the plastic with JB weld holding it in place. Pretty pleased with how it came out!
Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive parking light Automotive design

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Hood

Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Wheel

·
Registered
879 Posts
I was casually aware of the glamour, of late, of accessorizing the grill with amber lights. Up until now, I didn't know why. I see now that there is a legal requirement that additional ambers were required to alert other drivers that the vehicle is in excess of 80 inches in width.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I was casually aware of the glamour, of late, of accessorizing the grill with amber lights. Up until now, I didn't know why. I see now that there is a legal requirement that additional ambers were required to alert other drivers that the vehicle is in excess of 80 inches in width.
That would be cool if there were fenders that made our trucks 80" wide!!!

• Haha
Reactions: idlafie and raine

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
Yep, the actual Ford Raptor (and current spec Tundra) amber grill lights are because of a legal requirement - it's not for fashion.

·
Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
1,090 Posts
Yep, the actual Ford Raptor (and current spec Tundra) amber grill lights are because of a legal requirement - it's not for fashion.
Mine very well be wider than that with the mirrors extended, but I’m not sold on lights in the grill.

Reactions: raine

·
Registered
684 Posts
So wait, why don't the 250s 350s or 450s have them then? They are larger than the Raptors?? I get the law/code, but it doesn't seem to be consistent? Inquiring minds want to know ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I know this is a little off topic, but I've seen those lit up Nissan logos. You can get them in varying colors. I haven't looked to see if they match the frontier size-wize. Anyone ever done one of those? I'm on the fence about whether they look hokey or cool.

Everyone seems to be doing the three amber lights in the grill now. There's like 4 guys at my work with 4Runners and one or two with Tacoma with them. And there's maybe 6 or 8 of each.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I know this is a little off topic, but I've seen those lit up Nissan logos. You can get them in varying colors. I haven't looked to see if they match the frontier size-wize. Anyone ever done one of those? I'm on the fence about whether they look hokey or cool.......
I suppose if I owned a Lambo, Bugatti, AMG, Maybach etc I wouldn't mind a little ostentatious OE spotlighting of the brand. But I am simply driving a common, box store (cough) Nissan so I'm not really looking for the opportunity to accessorize and tell people "hey, look at me !!...I went out and bought this add on to let you know that I've got a Nissan !" :)

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
[
I know this is a little off topic, but I've seen those lit up Nissan logos. You can get them in varying colors. I haven't looked to see if they match the frontier size-wize. Anyone ever done one of those? I'm on the fence about whether they look hokey or cool.

Everyone seems to be doing the three amber lights in the grill now. There's like 4 guys at my work with 4Runners and one or two with Tacoma with them. And there's maybe 6 or 8 of each.
Only you can decide if you think a mod is hokey or cool to you. in the end, do what you want to do with your truck - whatever makes you happy.

Just understand that in the real world not everyone may agree with a mod, and if you share it on the Internet don’t get butthurt if others don’t think it’s as cool as you think it is 😎

I suppose if I owned a Lambo, Bugatti, AMG, Maybach etc I wouldn't mind a little ostentatious OE spotlighting of the brand. But I am simply driving a common, box store (cough) Nissan so I'm not really looking for the opportunity to accessorize and tell people "hey, look at me !!...I went out and bought this add on to let you know that I've got a Nissan !" :)
Reminds me of those stupid “Powered by Honda” decals peeps used to put on their Civics back in the day… like no ****, it’s powered by Honda - it’s a Honda Civic LOLOL

·
Registered
684 Posts
I originally wanted to do the "raptor" lights, but until I see ones actually made for our rides (without modifying), I will invest in a good set of ditch lights and hood brackets ;) Much better look IMHO

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
I originally wanted to do the "raptor" lights, but until I see ones actually made for our rides (without modifying), I will invest in a good set of ditch lights and hood brackets ;) Much better look IMHO
Ditch lights and hood brackets will actually be 100% more useful than adding small amber lights in your grill so that people will mistake your vehicle for a bigger, badder truck that actually needs them.

·
Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
1,090 Posts
Ditch lights and hood brackets will actually be 100% more useful than adding small amber lights in your grill so that people will mistake your vehicle for a bigger, badder truck that actually needs them.
Correct. Ditch lights are a useful upgrade, not bling.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I went Bling with two ambers in the grill. I have Ditch lights in a box setting in my garage. Just don't really need them on at this point. I took the so-called ditch lights off another vehicle i had. I'm trying to figure next project to do to the Frontier.

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
I went Bling with two ambers in the grill...
I'm trying to figure next project to do to the Frontier.
Remove the two amber bling lights from the grill? :p

J/K I'm just having fun here.
Tomorrow is Friday, everyone!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts