Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahunt View Post
looks good so far
Thanks seahunt!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
― Thomas Jefferson

2015 Silver Desert Runner KC
2 inch front spacers
2 inch rear AAL
Removed Overload
SPC UCAs
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Okay so both sides are painted.I caulked around the rear cab vents since I could see light through the edges when I first took it all apart. I want to make sure that undercarriage wash blast wouldn't find it's way in.

I also installed universal weather stripping to keep air flow from the side panel instead of behind the rear panel.

I cut the back side of the molle pouch and slid it over and around the jack and mount. The sub flood will be about flush with the bottom of the bag.

Here it sits for now until I find carpet and add the sub floor.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
― Thomas Jefferson

2 inch front spacers
2 inch rear AAL
Removed Overload
SPC UCAs
The Following User Says Thank You to Steebo46&2 For This Useful Post:
Zero Six LE (Yesterday)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 06:23 AM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

No major update. I have a plan to cover the gap between the wall and the side trim. It involves the cover for the wall.

I am still between a couple of different coverings. Carpet, marine vinyl, or canvas. The sub floor will likely be some sort of rubber garage flooring for ruggedness.

The subfloor will leave room for a down firing sub on the passenger side under the deck, when I get around to the stereo.

I worked on another project. My fishing pole rack yesterday. Link to build thread below.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...5&share_type=t

― Thomas Jefferson

2 inch front spacers
2 inch rear AAL
Removed Overload
SPC UCAs
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2019, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

PSA!!!!

If you plan to do this. Make sure you replace all bolts or plug the holes someway. I went through a car wash and the undercarriage blast shot water into the cab.

My whole back floor behind the driver is soaked and I had to take out all the trim and pull the carpet up to dry. Some water came in through the holes around the vents on both sides but for some reason a ton came through on the driver side through the bolt for the seat belt and through two holes under a plastic wire housing under the carpet.

I suspect that has been occurring and I didn't notice because my floor mat was on top and not wet.

Here's some pics.

First pic is the caulked vent edge. I had to go over it again because small trails of water were coming for the edge.

There is a puddle outside the truck that corresponds with the plastic wire housing just inside the back door and under the carpet.

― Thomas Jefferson

2 inch front spacers
2 inch rear AAL
Removed Overload
SPC UCAs

Last edited by Steebo46&2; 04-07-2019 at 09:23 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steebo46&2 For This Useful Post:
erturne (04-07-2019), shift_RUSH (04-07-2019), vmgravity (04-16-2019), Zero Six LE (Yesterday)
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Back area is finally dry. I have been trying to let it air out but had some not so great weather days. Today I spent about 30 minutes with a hair dryer drying the carpet backing and carpet too.

Then I put backing on my rear wall. It is a moving blanket that I cut up. Super cheap and I already had it. Pics below. I also have longer bolts for attaching. The stock bolts were a PITA to install. They barely caught threads.

Carpet came in as well. I decided to go with a medium grey that matches the plastic I removed. 18 bucks on Amazon. Have not installed it yet. May use the double sided carpet tape shown below 4.95 at the HD down the road or Velcro. Or a combo. I didn't want to have spray it with glue.

Keeping a stock color scheme there so the little extras I add here and there will pop. I ordered a cheap molle panel for a seat back off eBay. Unfortunately the delivery time is saying May 3 to 14. It was super cheap so not really complaining. I may use it on the wall and see how I like it and upgrade if the quality is bogus. Or I may still go the custom cut panel route. We will see.

― Thomas Jefferson

2 inch front spacers
2 inch rear AAL
Removed Overload
SPC UCAs

Last edited by Steebo46&2; 04-12-2019 at 07:05 AM.
Zero Six LE (Yesterday)
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Carpeting the back wall shortly. Just ordered another molle panel. It will be here Tuesday. Wish I would have found earlier. I think this will be the one I use in the wall behind the passenger side seat. The other one ordered from eBay that is made for a seat back may still be used but likely in my bed.

Here is a link to the panel I ordered.

OneTigris Patches Display Panel, Durable Foldable Tactical Morale Patches Holder (Black Laser-Cut Version - 17.7" 23.6")

― Thomas Jefferson

2 inch front spacers
2 inch rear AAL
Removed Overload
SPC UCAs
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Well started in on it and it was flooded again. We had a hefty storm last night. But the good news is I finally fully sourced the intrusion. A weld/layering of steel has a gap on the back of the cab and consequently water made it's way in and down the back wall inside. JB weld to the rescue.

― Thomas Jefferson

2 inch front spacers
2 inch rear AAL
Removed Overload
SPC UCAs
Zero Six LE (Yesterday)
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 06:52 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

JB weld is set and I have tested by going through a car wash. No leaks!!!! Super stoked.

Carpet is rolled out and things paced on it to undo the crease they put in it when rolling it. I will likely attach it to the board tomorrow night.

― Thomas Jefferson

2 inch front spacers
2 inch rear AAL
Removed Overload
SPC UCAs
Zero Six LE (Yesterday)
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Looks good so far! I'm awaiting the end result

I'm working on something similar, except I'm going to angle-grind the jack bracket out completely and store the jack in a raised-floor compartment behind the front seats.
Steebo46&2 likes this.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Interior Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in