2008 Nissan Frontier Transmission Fluid / Radiator Fluid Mix - Nissan Frontier Forum
View Poll Results: Did this help anyone?
Does anyone know about this Frontier Transmission/Radiator fluid problem Law Suit? 0 0%
Nissan Should Have Paid for ALL Expenses for Transmission/Radiator problems 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2008 Nissan Frontier Transmission Fluid / Radiator Fluid Mix

I have a 2008 Frontier with 180,000 miles with the anti freeze/transmission mix problem and acted accordingly by replacing a New Radiator and Flushing the transmission Fluid twice and replacing the Fluid and Screen, Also had to flush out the engine prior to replacing the new radiator because of the mixer, the "gunk" could cause the radiator to clog and run Hotter and not cool properly which could cause to a head gasket problem further down stream, we don't need that - take the time do it correctly. My Total Cost was about $225 dollars with myself doing all the work. Its been 10,000 miles later and my transmission runs like new - no hard shifting or clanging, Fluid mix, etc. It's just to bad Nissan never said anything where hundreds of Frontier owners could have taken the cheap way out. They should have recalled this problem which would have saved everyone such an expensive headache!!
Please read the pitiful Lawsuit below against Nissan where Nissan wants Nissan Customers to pay up to the FIRST $2,500 -$3,000 dollars and they'll pay the rest - and they still make out!!... PITIFUL ....I used a lot worse than this when I had this same problem, trust me.
Also You can call Nissan and they will cover your vehicle even after 100,000 miles (I did this as well) ....you just have to come up with the DEDUCTIBLE as mentioned in the PITIFUL Law Suit below.

Good Luck!

Nissan Radiator Defect Class Action Settlement Reached
By Kimberly Mirando

UPDATE:*The Nissan Radiator Defect Class Action Settlement has been preliminarily approved and the Settlement Administrator’s Website is up!

Nissan North America has reached a class action lawsuit settlement that will resolve claims the company produced vehicles with defective radiators and concealed this defect from consumers. If approved, the proposed Nissan radiator settlement will pay the repair costs for potentially tens of thousands of Nissan Pathfinder, Xterra and Frontier vehicles.
Nissan Pathfinder owner William Szymczak filed the Nissan radiator class action lawsuit in 2010, alleging the vehicles leaked coolant into the transmissions, causing damage and making the vehicles unreasonably dangerous. Szymczak accused Nissan of failing to issue a recall and failing to offer to repair the alleged defect for free or to reimburse Nissan owners for repair costs, despite the company’s knowledge of the radiator defect.

Under the proposed Nissan radiator class action settlement, Nissan will fully reimburse all current and former owners or lessees of a 2005-2010 Nissan Pathfinder, Xterra or Frontier vehicle that paid to fix the radiator or other damages caused by the defect within eight years or 80,000 miles.

Nissan also agreed to pay for future repairs caused by the radiator defect and partially reimburse prior repair costs up to a maximum of 10 years or 100,000 miles. Owners who had the repairs done before nine years or 90,000 miles can receive relief after paying a $2,500 deductible, while reimbursement for repairs done between then and 10 years or 10,000 miles can come after a $3,000 co-payment. This is still a significant savings for Class Members because repair costs caused by the radiator defect can cost $5,000 or more, according to the motion for preliminary approval of the Nissan settlement.

“The use of deductibles effectively caps any class member’s out-of-pocket expense for repairs and relieves the class members of the burden of shopping for the least costly repair,” the motion said. “While the acceptance of the deductibles covers some but not all of the cost of a repair, such a compromise is reasonable since the strength of any class member’s claim is reduced the more trouble-free miles the vehicle has been driven prior to the defect manifesting.”

TheNissan Radiator Defect Class Action Lawsuit Settlement*case is*In re: Nissan Radiator/Transmission Cooler Litigation, Case No. 10-cv-07493, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
The Plaintiffs are represented by Gary S. Graifman and Michael L. Braunstein of Kantrowitz Goldhamer & Graifman PC; Howard T. Longman and Mark Levine of Stull, Stull & Brody; Matthew Mendelsohn and David A. Mazie of Mazie Slater Katz & Freeman LLC; Alan Harris and Abigail Treanor of Harris & Ruble; and Jason P. Scofield and Danny M. Sheena of The Sheena Law Firm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in