LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #231 of 244 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 10:50 AM
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwillis View Post
I've had my 4 cylinder KC with the auto trans for about a week. It's got right at 9k on the odometer. I'm not getting anywhere near that 19mpg EPA estimate and I've got a pretty light foot. I'm sitting right around half a tank with 125 miles on the trip odometer. I haven't even had anything loaded in the truck other than myself. Yesterday I changed the oil over to full synthetic, maybe it'll get me an extra 1mpg lol
Syn oil wont do anything for ya, only effective thing is your right foot.in combined city/hywy my 2.5 2017 auto 4x2 gets consistent 24.5mpg, if you dont already never exceede 3000rpm(unless emerg) and don't exceede 65mph cruise. if your accelerating from stoplights at 4-5000rpm your using huge amounts of gas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #232 of 244 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 12:46 AM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Mpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwillis View Post
I've had my 4 cylinder KC with the auto trans for about a week. It's got right at 9k on the odometer. I'm not getting anywhere near that 19mpg EPA estimate and I've got a pretty light foot. I'm sitting right around half a tank with 125 miles on the trip odometer. I haven't even had anything loaded in the truck other than myself. Yesterday I changed the oil over to full synthetic, maybe it'll get me an extra 1mpg lol
My father has a 2012 KC 4 cylinder with the added weight of the topper he has no problem getting over 400 miles to a tank, which equates to over 19 MPG. I drove it on a 450 mile trip on a tank of gas (21 gallons) like 21.5 MPG. I drive with a light foot but I try to get up to 50 mph quick without over revving too much then easy up to 65 MPH. My V6 is easier to maintain an even MPG. If I really baby it I can get 19.5 MPG in the city. I pull a 6x12 trailer sometimes and still average 17 MPG.

post #233 of 244 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 12:56 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tredici View Post
I have the MILLION DOLLAR question..
I have a 2013 SV crew cab which does not get the gas mileage as advertised. I travel 158 miles to and from work daily which consumes a 1/2 tank of gas. Will increasing my tire size lower my RPM's which would increase my fuel economy? I am looking forward to any input. Thank you in advance.
Increasing tire size will have the opposite effect

Only real way to save gas is not drive at all but that is in a fantasy world scenario

Pretty much shifting at 2000 -2200 rpms each gear lightens up usage in manuals

sticking between 55-65 pretty much will get the best Fuel Economy this truck will ever see
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #234 of 244 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:05 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Garage
They do not offer the crew cab 4x4 with the four cylinder. I guess it would be a dog if they did. I can't help but wonder what kind of gas mileage it would get though. My old 1990 hardbody 4 cylinder 5 speed got around 20mpg, not that great if you think about it.

2016 Frontier Crew Cab SV 4x4
post #235 of 244 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 06:45 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelt View Post
They do not offer the crew cab 4x4 with the four cylinder. I guess it would be a dog if they did. I can't help but wonder what kind of gas mileage it would get though. My old 1990 hardbody 4 cylinder 5 speed got around 20mpg, not that great if you think about it.
Before all the mods the Truck actually did the estimated MPG

I lost 2MPG with mods not a big hit but still could be better only other way is to tune it

At the end of the day it is what it is you want a Truck that works this is it you have too many Trucks with twin turbo and all other BS

Yeah their fast but all that extra on the engine makes it work harder too anyway bottom line better gas millage get a Sedan all Trucks get about the same unless it's a 4 Banger
post #236 of 244 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:06 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
The Titan I had prior to the Frontier never got anything close to the recommended MPG other than once... and in that case we were running empty with a tail wind. The Frontier stock was relatively close, but the MPG number has been steadily decreasing with the addition of accessories such as a shell, drawer system, sliders etc. In town I'm currently just a bit shy of 14 MPG ... I see consistent comments of Tacoma/4Runner builds who are south of 12 MPG and have friends with 150 Eco-boosts getting 13-14 MPG (in town). MPG is a skewed estimate by the OEM's. Always relative to truck build and driving style. The one truck that IMO has the most MPG potential is the 150 Eco-Boost as my same friends can see low 20's if they are light on the pedal, but I currently have trust issues with Ford and their reputation around long term reliability, so I'll sacrifice a few MPG for now.

2014 Pro-4 Crew
post #237 of 244 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 10:35 AM
Shift_lurker

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
My 2.5 S 2wd 2017 is consistent at 24.5 to 25.5 mpg. The 2005 dodge ram 3/4 ton 4x4 5.9 cummins that I traded in for the Frontier weighed 7000lbs would get 20mpg all day long on the hiway.I think you need to use more finese with your right foot.
post #238 of 244 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 06:47 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by obrianmcc View Post
The Titan I had prior to the Frontier never got anything close to the recommended MPG other than once... and in that case we were running empty with a tail wind. The Frontier stock was relatively close, but the MPG number has been steadily decreasing with the addition of accessories such as a shell, drawer system, sliders etc. In town I'm currently just a bit shy of 14 MPG ... I see consistent comments of Tacoma/4Runner builds who are south of 12 MPG and have friends with 150 Eco-boosts getting 13-14 MPG (in town). MPG is a skewed estimate by the OEM's. Always relative to truck build and driving style. The one truck that IMO has the most MPG potential is the 150 Eco-Boost as my same friends can see low 20's if they are light on the pedal, but I currently have trust issues with Ford and their reputation around long term reliability, so I'll sacrifice a few MPG for now.
Tacoma's are getting that because they run 35's and the gearing sucks balls

Honestly the gearing on these Trucks is what makes the difference in fuel economy and power

Pretty much they gave it enough power just for stock tires and towing anything bigger or Intake or anything to create more power will suck gas

I use a CAI (cold air intake )and Flowmaster 40 while I am at a stop in idle the MPG actually goes up .1 it is how your Vehicle runs I guess but I notice the MPG is up and down and never correct

I have a second monitor vs the Dash and I get a True gas read out because the frontiers gas light comes on way too early while I get a DTE of 280 miles it's because my MPG is 13.4 on my Truck but I can get up to 300+ when on long drives I actually get 18-19 mpg per gallon not bad at all

Since my last road trip my MPG went from 12.8 all the way to 13.9 it will never be correct because I need a tune but in reality I most likely lost 1.5 MPG instead of 2 MPG you have to go in-between what the Dash is saying

I am learning not to care so much about the MPG anymore I took a 2-1/2 hour trip last week and I still had a little under half a tank left before I got there but choose to fuel up in case, I had another 170 miles left on the DTE the trip took 127 miles from my location

You take those numbers and combine them you get pretty much what I was quoted on my DTE I filled up once and kept driving for 3 more days after I made it home the Truck really isn't that bad on gas I seen the MPG for the Tundra it's way worse Titan I would assume too and their more modern !

Last edited by Tommy Pearson III; 04-20-2019 at 06:50 AM.
post #239 of 244 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 08:19 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Garage
Why oh why don't we have an affordable aftermarket extended range gas tank?! There seems to be plenty of space back there for one!

2018 Nissan Frontier SV CC 6-speed manual

Last edited by erturne; 04-20-2019 at 08:32 AM.
post #240 of 244 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 08:50 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by erturne View Post
Why oh why don't we have an affordable aftermarket extended range gas tank?! There seems to be plenty of space back there for one!
You can ask @whistler he can tell you how to get one I believe he runs a 30 gallon tank for his Races

Some reason I should of said something when he told me lol now you have me thinking but obviously with more gas more weight
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommy Pearson III For This Useful Post:
whistler (04-20-2019)

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > Street Trucks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in