Are all dealers as screwball as the ones FL? - Page 2 - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-02-2019, 11:48 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Problem with Dealers in general they don't care anymore like they used to

The Demographic has changed and most of the people buying cars can't really afford them and their credit is the only reason why

When you have a suitable amount of money to buy they don't even hear it they only hear getting a long term deal

I had a Dealer straight tell me putting money down on a Vehicle is useless these days because it only takes $20 off every 1000 you put down so pretty much he said if I put down $5000 I would only get $120.00 less off my monthly payment which is actually good

Anyway after running the numbers credit no money down I got a good deal and ended up in a 2016 PRO4X 18,00miles for 5 years but since I been paying extra I knocked off a year already

so I have like 3-1/2 years left to pay already had it a year been thinking should I just make bigger payments and just knock it out in 2 more years
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommy Pearson III For This Useful Post:
FitzIngarage (03-25-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 07:57 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
I guess the moral to the story is if you find a "good" dealership that is a pleasure to work with then patronize them. I have been dealing with Lamb Nissan in Prescott, AZ since 2014 and they are wonderful. Sales, service the whole 9 yards. I am told that Coulter Nissan in Surprise, AZ is also very low pressure and good to deal with so it appears that not all are horrible. Good luck.

Glenn

Wickenburg, AZ

2015 Frontier SL
Westin Chrome Bull Bar
Moonroof package
4.0L V6 with A/T 4X4
Glacier white

Rugged Liner Hard Tonneau

The Following User Says Thank You to ghmpm For This Useful Post:
flormat (02-03-2019)
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 09:21 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghmpm View Post
I have been dealing with Lamb Nissan in Prescott, AZ since 2014 and they are wonderful. Sales, service the whole 9 yards.
Thanks for the input ghmph; I spend over half the year near Prescott and have a 1998 Frontier with 236K (purchased at 100K miles) and a 2004 creampuff Frontier with 102K (purchased at 90K miles). I've never been to Lamb Nissan, and never have had a dealer do any service work period. Last fall the 2004 had its AC compressor seize on the way to California, fixed that myself; the 1998 still has original AC system except for a new high pressure line to replace the original which developed a pinhole.

I have purchased some parts from a Scottsdale dealer: a lug wrench and a plastic radiator fan

'98 2WD, 4-cylinder, 5-speed, white regular cab, purchased in 2004 with 100K on it for the kids to drive, now it's back with us, 237K. 2004 King Cab 2WD, 4-cylinder, 5-speed, electric blue purchased in Dec. 2011 at 89K. Also 1988 Mazda B2200 Cab Plus truck (since 1994, 217K), 2WD, 4-cylinder, 5-speed, great truck. And 1971 VW Convertible (mine since 1976) and 1970 VW (260+K, mine since 1972).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 02:52 PM
Shift_lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I bought my 2017 SV from Jenkins Nissan in Lakeland FL about a month ago.

Found it on Autotrader. Truck was a “certified” vehicle with 100k mile drive train warranty. Truck had 13k miles on it. Has the value added package, leather interior, running boards, tinted windows, trailer package, mud flaps, and bed extender.

Deal was super easy. Sent photos of my 2012 Frontier Sport with 55k miles up them made the deal over the phone. Bought the truck for $19400 plus tax and tag. They gave me $13400 for my truck. Drove up there and was out in 30 minutes!!

Had researched trade in and private party values on my 2012. Prices ranged from $10-12k. Getting $13400 was great!

I would recommend them to anyone in the area. Treated me great.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 10:22 AM
Shift_Obsessed

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Pearson III View Post
…. The Demographic has changed and most of the people buying cars can't really afford them and their credit is the only reason why …
That's so very true. It's the root of why educated and informed shoppers like those of us on this thread get little respect at most Dealers. I think salespeople are used to a quick sale to the crowd of buyers who are bad at math and have credit approval. When people like us enter a Dealership, they fail to realize that a different selling technique is required and they have no idea how to respond.

We've lived in our current home for 30 Years, yet have never bought locally. Because our local Dealers are so useless, we've bought all of our cars out of state.

2006 SE CC 4x2 6-Speed 4.0L w/Power Package & ABLS, Red Brawn, Nissan Step Rails, Hood Protector and Worn Out OE Soft Tonneau, Clarion CX501, Stock Speakers, Pioneer TS-T110 Tweeters and LED Reverse Lights
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 11:27 AM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Buying with cash these days is no longer the incentive it used to be due to the sales people making big chunks on financing. I'd share your experience with Nissan directly. It really won't change anything, but it might make you feel better and then you can enjoy the truck.

2014 Pro-4 Crew
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Enthusiast
Lifetime Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by russelltquinn View Post
I bought my 2017 SV from Jenkins Nissan in Lakeland FL about a month ago.

Found it on Autotrader. Truck was a “certified” vehicle with 100k mile drive train warranty. Truck had 13k miles on it. Has the value added package, leather interior, running boards, tinted windows, trailer package, mud flaps, and bed extender.

Deal was super easy. Sent photos of my 2012 Frontier Sport with 55k miles up them made the deal over the phone. Bought the truck for $19400 plus tax and tag. They gave me $13400 for my truck. Drove up there and was out in 30 minutes!!

Had researched trade in and private party values on my 2012. Prices ranged from $10-12k. Getting $13400 was great!

I would recommend them to anyone in the area. Treated me great.
Jenkins is my closest dealer about 15 mins away, and was where they pulled the whole *come in the office for a price itÂ’ll earn me points with my boss* thing. I was not impressed, plus at the time they didnt have any 4x4 models.

2018 SV 4x4 CC, Glacier White
Add-ons: OE oil pan and transfer case skids, morimoto foglights, OEM all weather mats
westin sportsman grille guard, PIAA 520 driving lights, Dezert Runner rock sliders
Mods: rear diff breather mod, off road gorilla hood struts
Radio gear: NMO mount in roof, HF whip mount in bed, Yaesu FT-857 remote head
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Enthusiast
Lifetime Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrianmcc View Post
Buying with cash these days is no longer the incentive it used to be due to the sales people making big chunks on financing. I'd share your experience with Nissan directly. It really won't change anything, but it might make you feel better and then you can enjoy the truck.
I have learned that about cash in my last couple of car purchases. they tried to pressure me to finance mine for a couple hundred dollars savings, it honestly wasnt worth the hassle for me so I passed. Maybe if it had been 1k+ off I would have considered it.

2018 SV 4x4 CC, Glacier White
Add-ons: OE oil pan and transfer case skids, morimoto foglights, OEM all weather mats
westin sportsman grille guard, PIAA 520 driving lights, Dezert Runner rock sliders
Mods: rear diff breather mod, off road gorilla hood struts
Radio gear: NMO mount in roof, HF whip mount in bed, Yaesu FT-857 remote head
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 12:58 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Garage
We live in the same city.

I don't have anything to contribute other than that. I just thought it was neat, lol.

2018 Nissan Frontier | JVC KW-740BT | Active front stage - Alpine S-S69C, Sound Ordnance M75-4 | All Knu Konceptz OFC wiring | Not yet installed - Sundown Audio E8 v5 x2, NVX BDA7501

My Build Thread - Lots of audio stuff!
Check out my Frontier upgrades photo album.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > Dealerships - The Good and The Bad

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in