LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bilsteins W/ Spacer

I have a 2015 SV Frontier 4X4 currently with SPC UCA's and a rough country 2.5" top mount spacer lift/level with 1.5" shackles in the rear. I recently purchased the adjustable Bilstein 5100's for the front.

So with being said i am looking to get at least 3 inches of lift in the front and then level out the rear. Is it better to keep the spacer and set the Bilsteins on the .5" setting or get a smaller spacer and step up the Bilstein's to say 1.5" or 2"?

Any other options to combine with the 5100's is also welcome. Thanks

2015 SV CC 4x4 V6 W/VTP - Super Black KH3 - Tinted Windows - Black Rain Guards - BAK Industries Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover - Weather Tech Floor Mats - 2.5" Front spacer & 1.5" Rear Shackle - SPC Upper Control Arms - 16x9 ATX Cornice 195 Wheels - BFGOODRICH KO2's 285/75/16 - Mesh Grille Mod - Katana LED's - Axle Vent Mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 12:54 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 990 Post(s)
1.5" spacer and bils set to 1.5.

06 KC NISMO 4x4 6sp
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan4Life View Post
1.5" spacer and bils set to 1.5.
I am also a little confused on the bump stops, do i need them or not? and can you explain why i would or would not need them

2015 SV CC 4x4 V6 W/VTP - Super Black KH3 - Tinted Windows - Black Rain Guards - BAK Industries Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover - Weather Tech Floor Mats - 2.5" Front spacer & 1.5" Rear Shackle - SPC Upper Control Arms - 16x9 ATX Cornice 195 Wheels - BFGOODRICH KO2's 285/75/16 - Mesh Grille Mod - Katana LED's - Axle Vent Mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 01:24 PM
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1528 Post(s)
Thanked 1,354 Times in 902 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Bump stops on the OEM UCA keep it from banging on the coil bucket at full extension -CBC, a.k.a. "Coil Bucket Contact", see the 4th question in the Suspension Sticky here (read the whole thing, you'll learn a lot):

https://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f...ng-here-63966/

Since you're looking to go over a 2" lift, CBC is definitely possible. So either you use the bump stops to help absorb impact when the UCA does contact the coil bucket, or you don't use them and hear a nice clang noise when they make contact.

Note that if you want to go above 2" lift you should consider aftermarket UCAs which don't have CBC and allow you to get the front end alignment dialed in.

- Raine.

This is my truck.
This is my weekend ride.

Read: The End-All Guide to Camber Bolts and UCAs for 2nd-Gen Lifted Frontiers

TYPE 2014 CC SV 4x4 VTP COLOR NIGHT ARMOR LIFT 3.5"/2.5" NAME KEIRA

SUSP: Custom King Shocks . Total Chaos . Level-8 . Deaver . Nisstec . Bilstein . PRG . BF Goodrich
EXT: Rigid Industries . P&P . PIAA . White Knuckle . White Rhino . Truxedo . Firestik . BlueSea
A/V: DNX-892 . TWK-88 . PDX-V9 . HSK-165 . DCX-165.3 . 2x 10TW1-4 . 2x Cameras . Super NES
MODS: Reservoir Mounts . Power Tailgate Lock . Custom CB Antenna Mount . Trailer Plug Relocate
MORE: Midland . UltraGauge . Raingler . Working OEM SWC, Bluetooth, USB . Some Cool Stickers
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by raine View Post
Bump stops on the OEM UCA keep it from banging on the coil bucket at full extension -CBC, a.k.a. "Coil Bucket Contact", see the 4th question in the Suspension Sticky here (read the whole thing, you'll learn a lot):

https://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f...ng-here-63966/

Since you're looking to go over a 2" lift, CBC is definitely possible. So either you use the bump stops to help absorb impact when the UCA does contact the coil bucket, or you don't use them and hear a nice clang noise when they make contact.

Note that if you want to go above 2" lift you should consider aftermarket UCAs which don't have CBC and allow you to get the front end alignment dialed in.
I have SPC UCA's I was just curious if i still needed the bump stops as i have done some research and got conflicting answers.

Last edited by Enon535; 01-08-2018 at 01:36 PM. Reason: mistype
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 01:51 PM
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enon535 View Post
I have SPC UCA's I was just curious if i still needed the bump stops as i have done some research and got conflicting answers.
Are your SPC's hitting the coil bucket? if not, then you don't need them.

- Raine.

This is my truck.
This is my weekend ride.

SUSP: Custom King Shocks . Total Chaos . Level-8 . Deaver . Nisstec . Bilstein . PRG . BF Goodrich
EXT: Rigid Industries . P&P . PIAA . White Knuckle . White Rhino . Truxedo . Firestik . BlueSea
A/V: DNX-892 . TWK-88 . PDX-V9 . HSK-165 . DCX-165.3 . 2x 10TW1-4 . 2x Cameras . Super NES
MODS: Reservoir Mounts . Power Tailgate Lock . Custom CB Antenna Mount . Trailer Plug Relocate
MORE: Midland . UltraGauge . Raingler . Working OEM SWC, Bluetooth, USB . Some Cool Stickers
The Following User Says Thank You to raine For This Useful Post:
Enon535 (01-09-2018)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Garage
Quote:
Is there anything else i need to buy to protect the shocks/cv's? After re reading the lift sticky i got in to the travel numbers post from PRG and it kind of confused me about the 5100's/SPC UCA/spacer lift and the truck self destructing via droop and compression. Sorry for all of the questions but i am kind of new to the inner workings of offroad trucks. I just want something of decent quality that i can have a little fun with and not have to fork out more money for uneducated choices/decisions

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 02:54 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 990 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enon535 View Post
Is there anything else i need to buy to protect the shocks/cv's? After re reading the lift sticky i got in to the travel numbers post from PRG and it kind of confused me about the 5100's/SPC UCA/spacer lift and the truck self destructing via droop and compression. Sorry for all of the questions but i am kind of new to the inner workings of offroad trucks. I just want something of decent quality that i can have a little fun with and not have to fork out more money for uneducated choices/decisions
Quote:
Not upper control arm bump stops. Bottom out bumps located on the the LCA. You will probably need them. The 5100 are even longer than the 4600. They will crush on full compression with the stock bumps.
This is jsut from what I have read on the prg site. I can only confrim that the 5100 are long.

Would be better to go for the 1" spacer and the set the 5100 on 1.5". But then you won't get your 3". Better this way.

06 KC NISMO 4x4 6sp
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 03:05 PM
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Garage
Well I was talking about CBC, then OP mentioned he had SPC UCAs, so I figured OP was asking about UCA bump stops

- Raine.

This is my truck.
This is my weekend ride.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Newbie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan4Life View Post
Not upper control arm bump stops. Bottom out bumps located on the the LCA. You will probably need them. The 5100 are even longer than the 4600. They will crush on full compression with the stock bumps.
This is jsut from what I have read on the prg site. I can only confrim that the 5100 are long.

Would be better to go for the 1" spacer and the set the 5100 on 1.5". But then you won't get your 3". Better this way.
How much taller would the aftermarket LCA bumps need to be if i went 1.5spacerx1.5bilstein?

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in