Nissan Frontier Forum banner

OEM head unit with new speakers and amp

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  20009 
#1 ·
I'm looking at somewhat better sound by getting an aftermarket amp and speakers, that way I can keep my back up camera etc. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
If you want better sound, ALWAYS start w/ the head unit.
I went Kenwood and can bring my factory camera view up w/ the touch of a button at anytime.

#6 ·
@shift_RUSH summed it up. If you want better sound, start with the head unit and get the required harnesses to keep all your factory accessories (back up camera, bluetooth, steering wheel controls, etc.). There's a lot of threads on how to get everything working like OEM with an aftermarket head unit. You just have to put in the work.

If you just want louder sound, then that's what you'll get by adding just an amp and speakers to your OEM head unit. The sound quality will be as bad as stock, just louder.

#7 ·
X2 BUT it seems everything works with required harnesses (at Crutchfield) on this pioneer except the back up cam. I was thinking, if i need to i will, buy another bu cam and bypass the oem but there is enough info in this section that I dont expect to need to. I am a dumb@ss when it comes to sparky crap but my son says he can do it no prob.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.