Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Thanked 1,817 Times in 1,273 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Synchrony high yield savings

Does anyone have one?
i just started one up and planning on moving my savings from my local bank to this one.
the interest is 1.75% higher at 2.25%

that not much but **** thats higher than a lot of CDs you can get that will lock your money away for years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 12:47 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I like (T) and (GOOD). Their dividends have been very good over the years (@ 5% and 8% respectively).

2018 SV V6 CC AT 4WD
2017 SV V6 CC AT 4WD
2014 SV V6 "Big Blue" Sold 2016
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 12:50 PM
Administrator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1064 Post(s)
Thanked 2,141 Times in 1,238 Posts
Garage
I had a discover on-line savings account at one point.

https://www.discover.com/online-bank...vings-account/

It looks like they are currently offering 2.10%. It was fine and legit, however I remember it starting around 2% , but then almost every month the interest rate dropped until it was well under 1% (around .65% I think).

That could have been because global interest rates were dropping at the time, but I would just say if you sign up for something like this, pay attention to your monthly statements and if your interest rate drops, reevaluate whether you want to continue to have your money there.

-- Brian
'13 Pro4X CC / AT, BFG KO2s 265-75-16, BakflipG2, Curt Hitch, Pathy Plates, OEM Steps & Bug Deflector, 20% 3M Color Stable Tint, 7pin Trailer Plug Mounted in Bumper Mod, EBC S3KF1159 Stage-3 Truck and SUV Brakes
The Following User Says Thank You to 2013Pro4X For This Useful Post:
AndysLog (04-04-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 08:44 AM
Shift_Fanatic

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndysLog View Post
Does anyone have one?
i just started one up and planning on moving my savings from my local bank to this one.
the interest is 1.75% higher at 2.25%

that not much but **** thats higher than a lot of CDs you can get that will lock your money away for years.

Andy if your looking to maximize your liquids IMHO this is the site I use guy had sold it last year so it has become a little more IMO biased but it is still the place I go multiple times a day
https://www.depositaccounts.com/blog/ BTW I have a Sam's Master issued from Synchrony only cause it give me 5%CB on fuel they are always trying to cheat me out of rewards but they do at least fix it

2010 Frontier SE4x4 CC/LB (F)Calmini(R)Shrock bumpers/Smittybilt X2O-10KSyn, HeftyAlum skids(just need to install), (F)OME2608coils,(R)OMEsprings/FirestoneRideRite,Bilstein5100's, 265/75/16LT Falken Wildpeak AT3W Drilled/Slotted rotors, Kenwood Excelon head Nakamichi 6.5 components,Tow mirrors,Weathertech liners, 3M Crystaline 40%(F/R/B)LlumarAirBlue80(F)tint all around
"and that's why have done all of my own work less warranty work, just can't trust anyone these days" a quote taken from Silverflash
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1158 Post(s)
Thanked 1,817 Times in 1,273 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
Andy if your looking to maximize your liquids IMHO this is the site I use guy had sold it last year so it has become a little more IMO biased but it is still the place I go multiple times a day
https://www.depositaccounts.com/blog/ BTW I have a Sam's Master issued from Synchrony only cause it give me 5%CB on fuel they are always trying to cheat me out of rewards but they do at least fix it
those rates are better than what i am looking at but it looks like they are CDs, while not a big deal i do wanna maintain some type of access to this money. i am jamming into my 401k as much as i can.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 10:12 AM
Shift_Fanatic

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
https://www.bankrate.com/ for a comparison of current rates. It shows money market accounts at 2.5 percent.

I'm using Virtual Bank (Iberia Bank). virtualbank.com

Read about all of the limitations before you move money to any provider. For example, limits on how much you can withdraw per day, number of withdrawals per month, minimum balances to achieve certain rates and avoid fees, etc.

Vic

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 10:28 AM
Shift_Fanatic

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
It's just not for cd's Andy here I just took a quick look savings is running around 2.5 thats internet though Redneck, Vio couple of others come to mind if you want something with brick&motar access Capitalone is offering $200 promo OFFER200 think it is still running on a 10k dep for 90days an pays 2% so over that it's running better than 6% an only does a soft pull. I did one in beginning of year had bonus in a week after 90days I pulled most it but left it open. Just cause I took one of their Savor cards got a $500 bonus for spending 3k within 3months which was easy I paid the house ins with it.

2010 Frontier SE4x4 CC/LB (F)Calmini(R)Shrock bumpers/Smittybilt X2O-10KSyn, HeftyAlum skids(just need to install), (F)OME2608coils,(R)OMEsprings/FirestoneRideRite,Bilstein5100's, 265/75/16LT Falken Wildpeak AT3W Drilled/Slotted rotors, Kenwood Excelon head Nakamichi 6.5 components,Tow mirrors,Weathertech liners, 3M Crystaline 40%(F/R/B)LlumarAirBlue80(F)tint all around
"and that's why have done all of my own work less warranty work, just can't trust anyone these days" a quote taken from Silverflash

Nissan Frontier Forum > Nissan Frontier Forums > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in