LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #471 of 475 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1159 Post(s)
Thanked 1,819 Times in 1,275 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
uhmmmm hard to say 100% without driving them back to back or seeing a time slip.

the long tubes were much louder so getting into the rpms meant i would normally just floor it and it would go fast anyway.

the stockers are so quiet i just drive normally and that v8 pull is extremely nice now compared to before. smooth and strong.

if i had to guess i would say i probably lost a little in the mid range? truck still pulls extremely well though so its not something im considering going back to. sounds much better too down low and mids. up high now i kinda wish it would be on open headers that where they sounded the best.
The Following User Says Thank You to AndysLog For This Useful Post:
shift_RUSH (04-15-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #472 of 475 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

got my blown speakers replaced finally.
i was going to install sound deadening but it was actually hard to work in the 40s so i decided to wait for a warmer day. (im going to hopefully take before and after readings just for my benefit it would be nice to see the difference as well as hear it.)

and the rear, once i had decided not to do the sound deadening i didnt even clean it lolololololololololol.(i need to get some new clips as well i broke or am missing some)

Rocking no front bumper right now. i like how light it feels for sure, i may be looking into a different front bumper build that cuts my weight down a lot. its a hefty *** bumper for what i hit offroad i could use something else. do like the tire clearance, the light mounts, the winch mount, tow points, and outward protection. hitting all those points and dropping weight would be amazing.

waiting on some rando parts but should be back together in time for st. joe. i do fear i still have some cooling issues that will need worked out but we will see.
post #473 of 475 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Making some good headway, hopefully ill be done by friday but we will see haha.

main goal today was finish up the coolant hoses from offroad gorilla, replace the clutch fan pulley (noisey), install clutch fan and shroud. i did all that and FINALLY the truck is very close to me at least being happy with how its operating. didnt get a chance to take it out i started on the suspension stuff.

this is the top radiator hose to coolant tank.

Removing the stock electric fan for the clutch fan and shroud.

broken *** pulley ive been waiting on forever..

hole it goes in.

upper oil cooler hose

heater hose on fire wall and i actually didnt see exactly where it finished i am assuming the coolant tank but im not sure lol.

lower left oil cooler and lower right oil cooler- i originally wasnt all to excited about the hose clamps it came with but after messing with these pinch clamps i am happy to have something that will be easier to remove in the future.

fan shroud and portion on the left i cut or the clutch fan itself would contact. after this photo i cut more on the lines of the shroud. i think i went a little too far but no more contacting.

all installed.

also might put the steering fluid tank back to the frontier OEM location, its got a couple minor contacting issues around. given my recent contacting issues im trying to keep everything away from everything on a more diligent level.

i burped it for a while and seems to be happy overall, still need to drive it other than down the driveway and back. im just happy its all quiet for the most part. as quiet as a VK stuffed into the frontier can get haha.

i was kinda excited to dive into the upper and lower control arm swap, i figured since i anti seized everything it would all pop off.
lol wrong, so far i have a pretty mangled lower ball joint bolt off along with the lower shock bolt which did come off ok. im not looking as forward to the rest of it as i originally intended.
-rotors pads frontier
-tube upper control arms titan
-OEM lower control arms titan
-inspecting inner and outer tie rods
-inspecting passenger caliper making noise

jwp1964 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #474 of 475 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Whoops, accidentally posted in wrong forum, delete.

2010 Pro4X CC:
Nismo CAI, Superchip 93 octane tune (2* advance), XTP IMS, Stillen UDCP, JBA headers, custom Magnaflow exhaust, Radflo coilovers, SPC UCA's, Bilstein 5125's, Deaver 2-leaf pack, PRG shackles, Shrockworks rear bumper, HeftyFab sliders, Toyo Open Country MT 285/75/16, Mamba M17 16x8 wheels, Bora 1.25" wheel spacers, Nomad Metalcraft custom light bar.

Last edited by JCKeppel; Yesterday at 09:50 PM.
post #475 of 475 (permalink) Old Today, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

all good, we friends here.

I set out to replace upper and lowers and brakes and ended up only doing brakes.
the lowers i almost put on,both brand new one was already bent on the shock tab.... so back to the drawing board. i think my goal with this specific area this year is a nice bump stop and i think im going for the dirt king lowers. soo saving now..
uppers, honestly after seeing the lower situation i lost interest. i do need some type of bushing for one of the nuts, but i was planning on winging that, so i have time to source and replace on its own soon.
and i actually did brakes but i firgured thats about that lol.

side note, since i was able to get the brakes done, that took care of all the major squeaks needs and noises on the truck so far beyond the small interior rattle here or there.
I must say i am really enjoying it.. i am excited to continue this build for sure.

Nissan Frontier Forum > Build Threads > 2nd Gen Frontier Builds

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in