Welcome to the bulid in progress of my 2000 Nissan Frontier XE V6 Crew Cab.
Color: BW2 (Denim Blue)
- ARE V-Series Topper with lots of custom interior work
- 3" suspension lift
- Rocky Mountain Racks custom aluminum roof rack
- Thule tracks on cab of truck
- Thule tracks on topper roof
- ARB Bull Bar + 9500lb winch
- Custom rock sliders from First Choice Fab. in Denver
- Offroad Town LED DOT approved fog lights
- Offroad Town rear bumper flush mount LED's
- Amazon Special 32" rack-mounted light bar
- RUN-D side LED flood lights
- RUN-D front spot/ditch lights
- 265/70/17 Wildpeak AT3/W tires
- 17" Toyota FJ Cruiser wheels. (yeah, I made it work!)
- Clutch start cancel.
- Supercharger installed from 2003 S/C Xterra.
- ECU Swap from 2003 S/C Xterra.
- Updated MAP sensor.
- K&N Air Filter
- JVC bluetooth head unit
- Cobra CB
- LED dash lights conversion
- Custom cup holders for larger items
- Infinity door speakers
- 5-speed manual transmission
- Warn manual locking 4x4 hubs
- Stock gears (4.385:1 or something like that).
Mainly maintenance. At 245,000 miles, it's starting to take a lot of work to keep it going right. Just finished up all 4 brakes (drums, rear wheel cylinders, etc), wheel bearings, alternator bearings, idler bearings. Got 1 more exhaust manifold to do. Figured out how to make Toyota wheels fit. Partly for style but partly for the sake of interchangeability with the group I wheel with and with my other vehicle, which is a 2004 V8 4Runner).
Going to sand and paint the hood to match this Spring!
SO, here it is. My name is Paul and so the name "Babe" was suggested to me long ago by a friend who aptly noted that, like Paul Bunyan's Blue Ox, I
am named Paul and the Frontier
is like my Ox (conveniently, blue). I've had the truck for about 2.5 years. I originally got it as a work truck for my previous job and didn't really foresee ever using it for off-road playing (other than the usual mountain biking and camping trips, etc). HOWEVER, after one of my friends took me out wheeling, (he's in a pretty tricked out '03 Tacoma), I was hooked. I don't have a lot of pictures of the truck as it was when I bought it.
Like I said, wasn't planning on modifying it a lot, and didn't take a lot of pictures early on. But I'll add some "before" shots here, of the few that I have.
This was the first time I took her out wheeling near Idaho Springs in Colorado.
She got a lot of use hauling bikes around to different MTB trails throughout Colorado and Utah.
Stay tuned for more! I'm going to start going back to chronicle, in retrospect, some of the build that I have pictures of. I'll keep updating these until I get to how it is currently. I'll try to keep it as organized as possible. Hope you'll enjoy!