Updated my dash! - Nissan Frontier Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up Updated my dash!

Yep, it's not much, but I took out the center dash and painted the radio trim bezel to match my steering wheel and power window switch bezels. Makes it look a little more upscale I think. Too much monotone brown before..

I also got an awesome deal on Ebay for a Garmin Nuvi docking station. (Goes above the radio). Nissan sells them for $99+ shipping, got this one for $64 shipped. So I installed it above the radio as well while I had everything out. The color match isn't very good, but I can live with it...

So here's what I started with (well, with my newer radio - this is an old pic):

and here's what it looks like now:

I've got a Garmin Nuvi 750 Sitting under the Christmas tree waiting to be installed after Christmas! Pics to follow...

I also have 2 new heater outdoor mirror glass to install. So hopefully I'll have heater mirrors after Christmas too!

06 Frontier Crew Cab / 95 SAS Pathfinder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Shift_Obsessed

Looks good! It does definitely look a bit more expensive now.

Kerry
#3 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 04:48 PM
Shift_Hardcore
Lifetime Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Looks good man. Are you sure you don't have heated mirrors? In the picture, the middle button of three buttons right below the HVAC buttons controls the mirrors. At least it does in my truck. There is also a small symbol on the mirror itself.

Perhaps the button is always there whether you have them for not.....

Interior Mods:Pioneer AVIC D3 w/IPOD and Sirius, Hertz ECX 690 6x9 speakers, Hertz ECX 165 6.5 speakers. Husky floor mats.Wood grain dash. Wet Okole seat covers. Superchip Cortex Tuned.
Exterior Mods: 18 Inch Nismo wheels with LT285/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T's. Rhino Lined Bed. Sylvania Silverstar headlights. Stainless grill inserts. Chrome OEM mirrors and door handles. OEM hood protector and fogs. Stubby antenna. LED taillights and brakelights.
Suspension Mods: Radflo lift coil overs, PRG UCA's, Removed sway bar, Deavers, Radflo Ext. Res. shocks.
#4 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 05:13 PM
Shift_Hardcore

it's a subtle look, i like it, it looks good

2007 SE CC in Radiant Silver. 2" PRG Spacer front/Deaver rear, 2" AC BL, 285/75 r16 Yokohama A/T S, Westin Stainless Steel Bull Bar, Stainless Steel side steps, Kenwood HU with Direct Sirius, JBL 6x9's, JBL 6.5's, Kicker 10" CVT in custom box, Kicker ZX 300.2 amplifier, Bully Dog GT, Magnaflow exhaust, Lund Avenger bug shield, polished billet grille, SilverStar Ultra SU's, OEM Fog Light Kit, Weathertech Vent Visors, Philips Daylight LEDs custom mounted in grille, dark tint all around.
#5 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Shift_Enthusiast

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCTICFRONTIER View Post
Looks good man. Are you sure you don't have heated mirrors? In the picture, the middle button of three buttons right below the HVAC buttons controls the mirrors. At least it does in my truck. There is also a small symbol on the mirror itself.

Perhaps the button is always there whether you have them for not.....
Middle button is for the rear defrost. no heated mirrors on mine, but I certianly have a rear defroster.

2007 SE CrewCab LB
CST spindles, PRG spacers, TJM leaf springs, 3"tapered blocks, 5100 F/R Bilsteins, extended stainless brake lines, CST bearing drop bracket.
#6 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Shift_Hardcore
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgraded View Post
Middle button is for the rear defrost. no heated mirrors on mine, but I certianly have a rear defroster.
Now I see how it works. I have the sliding rear window so no rear defrost. My centre button is for the mirrors.....

Interior Mods:Pioneer AVIC D3 w/IPOD and Sirius, Hertz ECX 690 6x9 speakers, Hertz ECX 165 6.5 speakers. Husky floor mats.Wood grain dash. Wet Okole seat covers. Superchip Cortex Tuned.
Exterior Mods: 18 Inch Nismo wheels with LT285/65R18 BF Goodrich A/T's. Rhino Lined Bed. Sylvania Silverstar headlights. Stainless grill inserts. Chrome OEM mirrors and door handles. OEM hood protector and fogs. Stubby antenna. LED taillights and brakelights.
Suspension Mods: Radflo lift coil overs, PRG UCA's, Removed sway bar, Deavers, Radflo Ext. Res. shocks.
#7 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator
Shift_Obsessed
Lifetime Member

Thanked 1,532 Times in 1,144 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCTICFRONTIER View Post
Now I see how it works. I have the sliding rear window so no rear defrost. My centre button is for the mirrors.....
Doesn't that same switch control both the rear defrost and the heated sideview mirrors?

#8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Shift_Hardcore
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Six LE View Post
Doesn't that same switch control both the rear defrost and the heated sideview mirrors?
It certainly might. I only have the mirrors so I can't speak on this for sure. Maybe someone with both will chime in.

#9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Shift_Newbie

Looks perfect, nice job!!!

'08 D22 Nissan Terrano 2.5DI 133bhp
#10 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 11:02 PM
Shift_Hardcore

Send a message via AIM to scuba91ta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy_Canuck View Post

I also have 2 new heater outdoor mirror glass to install. So hopefully I'll have heater mirrors after Christmas too!
Please keep us up to date on the mirrors!!! This is #1 on my list of things to do with my truck.

2005 Frontier KC Nismo, Nitto TG 285/75/16's, PRG 2" Spacer/1.5" Blocks, SuperChips Tuned

1991 Pontiac Firebird - "Evil TA" - 12.08 @ 114 N/A

Nissan Frontier Forum > Mods and Technical Discussions > Interior Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Nissan Frontier Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.