Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Interior blower upgrade?

5K views 18 replies 16 participants last post by  jski701 
#1 ·
Ok, I am now officially annoyed with my 2010 crew cab. I totally love this truck, except for a few things including the lack of sufficient blowing from the AC. It is plenty cold, just needs more cfm's. Thinking it was designed for a king cab or something.

Has anybody done a swap out for say a Titan blower or some sort of aftermarket blower fan that they like?

thanks

#3 ·
I have not checked the incabin filters. I get some blow, but compared to my honda pilot or odyssey full blast in my fronty is only about 2/3 high on the others. Has done this since I bought it in March.

#4 ·
Mine blows plenty of air. In fact, I only have to run it on full blast for the first couple of minutes until it cools off to a bearable level. It sounds like I'm running a wind tunnel out of my truck.

BTW...I assume you've tried the max a/c or re-circulation setting.

#5 ·
yep, even that is less than about 3/4 in my hondas without recirc/max.

#7 ·
hmmmmm, just cause theyre BOTH JAPANESE, doesnt meen theyre the same. I hate when people say "My Mercedes, My lexus, My Beemer" looks its a Jaguar, its a DIFFERENT car, stuff works D I F F E R E N T L Y :):)

#10 ·
Maybe 1 Of The Air Filters Are Still In The Plastic Baggy. I Found A Coke Can In A Door Of A Jag Once And Have Also Seen A Ball Bearing Dropping Into A Dash. That Was A Nice One Everytime You Turn Left And Right

#13 ·
My 2010 is.. acceptable but I agree that it could use more blowing power. In this Texas heat I usually have it on 3/4 to max power just to keep it decently cooled off. However, tinting my windows has noticeably helped.

Still could use more blower power though...

#18 ·
I wonder how different the interior temps would be if your truck was white or silver. Dark colors attract more heat to begin with.

Clint

#15 ·
yup, I dumped my filter. You don't need it. Just another automotive parts money maker. Removing helped me a lot in the winter for de-foging the windsheild.

#19 ·
Does your truck actually cool off? My truck sounds like it should be making more air noise as well, but it does get cold fast. Even after sitting in the sun I still wind up having to lower the blower from highest setting to the second position, after 5-10 minutes and I'm positive my filters need to be changed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.