Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Where do you park your Frontier?

4K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  icculus 
#1 ·
My wife took control of the 1 car carport, and I was sick of tracking mud in my truck from walking across the dirt driveway.

I cleared out a 24x24 foot area and picked up 3 yards of 5/8's gravel, 9 landscape timbers , 30' of 3/8's rebar and a few bags of mulch.

Much better!

See less See more
#3 ·
The tonka. Took a while too!

I'm hoping it was packed enough, been driving over it 3 years now, was once gravel that slowly left. Maybe I'll get lucky.

A good friend with a 1 ton dodge and a dump trailer assisted me with the gravel haul. My frontier would've exploded , I'm sure of it lol.

#5 ·
Carport + 4 walls = garage.

I know that it take some $ and time but building a garage makes sense (if you have the space). My truck and my car get put in the garage 99% of the time.

I grew up in a three car family and a 1/2 car garage. That meant every winter I was out in the cold scraping windows. Not just scraping windows, but doors stuck, wipers frozen, etc.

When I bought my first house with a nice 2 1/2 car attached garage with extra depth, I never wanted my vehicles outside in the cold/heat.

Couple years ago I insulated and drywalled the garage and added a small heater. Now I have a nice warm place to work. Without heat the garage can stay around 30 degrees in deep winter. With the heater on I can warm it up to 50 degrees fairly quickly.

However, you got a good pad for now to park your wheels. Good luck.

#9 ·
We have a shared patch of lawn between the neighbor's driveway and ours.
We turned our downstairs into a suite last year and to provide more parking I put pressure treated landscape ties along the property line from sidewalk to the front of house line and covered the grass with recycled asphalt that was easy to spread with shovel and rake on a warm day then I drove back and forth over it with the truck to pack it down.
It works great and the only maintenance is the occasional shot of Roundup to deter the grass from growing around the edges. Haven't had any pop up through the asphalt yet.
Bonus is having 500 less square feet of lawn to mow.

#10 ·
We have a shared patch of lawn between the neighbor's driveway and ours.
Bonus is having 500 less square feet of lawn to mow.
That's was I was thinking ! Less to mow! I'm renting this property long term , so I'm not willing to spend the money on a walled in carport. I would love a garage! I spent $150 on this project total , I feel like I would spend that money on cleaning my truck in the next year. When my wife finishes her schooling, then I will be in the market to buy a house!

My buddy has a 2 car garage that he just ran gas lines and put up a nice heater. That's where we work on our toys. My carport is fine in the fall/spring because its 2 1/2 walled and concrete .

At 18 I bought a Honda Rincon for $500 that was almost a total loss. I spent hours on end out in the grass, at all hours of the day and night piecing it back together. I prefer garages these days!

#12 ·
The garage time is the only time mine gets to relax haha! It's been spending way too much time at the airport parking lot lately though :frown:

#14 ·
As usual, mine is on the road across the street. Living in a town house with 2 parking spots and 4 vehicles is a major pain when it comes to figuring out where to put them.

#15 ·
Garaged here. Pole barn technically but nice floor and sealed decently.

My wife's car, oddly enough, is the only one NOT in the garage. it'd detached and 100' from the house and she's worried about running into something or bashing a door unless she has 10' clear all around.

#17 ·
I park mine on the lawn...

My garage has my M5 and 3 motorcycles, plus parts galore and some junk.
The carport is taken up by my 3 series and SC.

Only place is the lawn. Eventually it'll go under the carport, the M5 will go to my moms house as she has a 2 car attached garage and 2 car detached garage.

#20 ·
With a little maneuvering I figure I can park 11 vehicle on concrete or asphalt with out cleaning out the garage or shop. Mine is parked in front of the shop, because the shop is a mess.

#21 ·
I don't like getting my tires dirty.

Attachments

#24 ·
Old pic (the Altima is gone) but you get the idea:

#25 ·
Street parking on a tiny one way street. :(
I wish I had a garage.. hell, I wish I had a driveway! Doing work on the vehicles is always entertaining... between the neighborhood drunks offering assistance, the kids staring at you, and of course avoiding being run over while laying under the truck is always fun too.

#26 ·
I hear ya. I parked on the street for 2 years. Had someone back into the rear fender, then deny it after i found them. Still have not gotten that fixed.

Now i have a driveway at least, still parked outside but behind the house.

Key is to have a buddy with a garage that you can do work in, preferably heated as well. With a fridge.

#27 ·
haha! The fridge is the key! My neighbors rent a garage, but currently it's filled with our motorcyles.
I have given up worrying about minor bumps and scratches on my bumpers. I used to get all upset but with only parallel parking, its almost expected.
That is why they call it a bumper after all, right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.