Nissan Frontier Forum banner

What have you done for your Frontier today/lately?

8M views 49K replies 3K participants last post by  Mrgeebz 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't know if there's already a thread like this or not, I searched and couldn't find one, but I've seen this on other forums. What have you done for your Frontier today? Oil change? Wash? New Shrockworks bumper? Let's hear it!

Today I finally mounted my Hi-Lift, replaced a bump stop that dissapeared, re-indexed the passenger side t-bar, and replaced a loose radiator cap.

Let's keep this going, even the little things are important!

#32,485 ·
A few pictures for show and tell...

Since I work offshore with a 4 on and 2 off schedule I can say that I've only had my truck for about 2.5 weeks in these pictures where I've had the ATM tires added and installed a 2" spacer lift in the front with 4X4 Parts adjustable shackles in the rear currently @ 1" lift. Exterior wise there is also a Hard-Hat brand Canvas Tri-Fold Tonneau, AVS Hood & Window Vents, Nissan Step-Tubes and stubby radio ant. I think I'm rather done with the outside other than I'm thinking about painting the rear bumper over with a textured black or perhaps a gray to match the body color, I'd also like to score a set of Pro-4X rims too... BTW this is a rainy day view of my backyard...

Inside I've installed leather seat covers from Custom Truck and Car Seat Covers | Precision Fit, Weathertech floor liners and a holder for my phone as I like to run Bluetooth OBD app that shows me EMC info such as MPG etc...

Attachments

#32,488 ·
Thanks! While black is not an ideal choice at it gets hot I could not pass up that sexy little beast as it simply looks like something Burt Reynolds would jump in to outrun the Sheriff...

Not the best of shots but here are both our boats sitting in their slip at the marina...

Attachments

#32,489 ·
Thanks! While black is not an ideal choice at it gets hot I could not pass up that sexy little beast as it simply looks like something Burt Reynolds would jump in to outrun the Sheriff...

Not the best of shots but here are both our boats sitting in their slip at the marina...
Looks like it's sitting in antifreeze.

#32,493 ·
Took my new Frontier into the dealer for their free 30 day inspection.

I've noticed over the past month that I have the usual running water sound from behind the glove box and that the heat is hit and miss. Same issue I had with my '06 Frontier from time to time and I'm sure a fair number of people here have had the same issue and know how to fix it.

Given the truck only has 1,500 miles on it and I don't have any of the new blue coolant, I mentioned to the service advisor that there is air trapped in the heater core and I need to have it addressed while they are inspecting the truck. I also point out that the heat at times will hardly get warm and other times will roast me out of the truck but will see how it is once the air is purged from the cooling system. Same thing with my '06....

An hour later they come back and say everything is fine. I ask about the cooling system and am told that is a closed system and there is no way for air to enter the system. What I'm hearing is normal because there is not a great amount of sound insulation between the firewall and engine compartment.

Uhhh.. WTF? I ask a few more questions but it's obvious they are blowing smoke where the sun doesn't shine.

Rather irradiated I stop the conversation, get my paperwork and leave. Not going to argue with them.

I should have picked up a gallon of the coolant before I left, but didn't think about it until I was already on the way home. I'll drop by another dealer to get it and fix it myself.

Great purchase experience and would by from the same salesman again, no questions asked. First experience with the service department.. not so great..

#32,495 ·
Took my new Frontier into the dealer for their free 30 day inspection.

I've noticed over the past month that I have the usual running water sound from behind the glove box and that the heat is hit and miss. Same issue I had with my '06 Frontier from time to time and I'm sure a fair number of people here have had the same issue and know how to fix it.

Given the truck only has 1,500 miles on it and I don't have any of the new blue coolant, I mentioned to the service advisor that there is air trapped in the heater core and I need to have it addressed while they are inspecting the truck. I also point out that the heat at times will hardly get warm and other times will roast me out of the truck but will see how it is once the air is purged from the cooling system. Same thing with my '06....

An hour later they come back and say everything is fine. I ask about the cooling system and am told that is a closed system and there is no way for air to enter the system. What I'm hearing is normal because there is not a great amount of sound insulation between the firewall and engine compartment.

Uhhh.. WTF? I ask a few more questions but it's obvious they are blowing smoke where the sun doesn't shine.

Rather irradiated I stop the conversation, get my paperwork and leave. Not going to argue with them.

I should have picked up a gallon of the coolant before I left, but didn't think about it until I was already on the way home. I'll drop by another dealer to get it and fix it myself.

Great purchase experience and would by from the same salesman again, no questions asked. First experience with the service department.. not so great..

With the gurgling sound behind the dash, you're probably just low and should be able to add coolant to make it go away and have full time heat. Might not be a bad Idea to try and burp it on a steep incline anyway.

#32,497 ·
Went a head and filled up on gas because of the winter "storm" hitting ga. I honestly don't know how we survived. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
kinda looks like you sprayed your entire truck with clear Rhinoliner

#32,498 ·
With the gurgling sound behind the dash, you're probably just low and should be able to add coolant to make it go away and have full time heat. Might not be a bad Idea to try and burp it on a steep incline anyway.
Yeah.. that is all I was going to do as it worked on my '06. I am just annoyed they tried to blow smoke up my backside, instead of actually doing something about it. Maybe I'll get lucky and they will send me a customer satisfaction survey.. haha!