Nissan Frontier Forum banner

What have you done for your Frontier today/lately?

8M views 49K replies 3K participants last post by  RyanD1966 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't know if there's already a thread like this or not, I searched and couldn't find one, but I've seen this on other forums. What have you done for your Frontier today? Oil change? Wash? New Shrockworks bumper? Let's hear it!

Today I finally mounted my Hi-Lift, replaced a bump stop that dissapeared, re-indexed the passenger side t-bar, and replaced a loose radiator cap.

Let's keep this going, even the little things are important!

#29,425 ·
So I had a friend take some pictures of my truck on Sunday. I think they turned out pretty good. Just wanted to share some of them with you guys.
Your friend takes good pics. I like the first one quite a bit.

#29,429 ·
After a quarter tank.

Soo there sum thing wrong[emoji17]
You think it is from lazy O2s the truck has always gotten crappy gas mileage since new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29,430 ·
You think it is from lazy O2s the truck has always gotten crappy gas mileage since new?

It's a possibility. I had a bad O2 sensor on a 02 Maxima that I bought new. When the CEL came on my gas mileage went south in a hurry. It was covered under warranty and the car had about 18,000 miles on it.

#29,431 ·

E85 gives you worse MPG to begin with and your truck isn't made for it. Also you have a lack of HP with the 4 banger and you make up for it by driving it harder, you also haul stuff. You have 265/70/17's on it sticking out of the wheel wells cause of the spacers. We don't know if you let it warm up for 20mins and if you sit in it at work on breaks with it idling. Thank goodness gas is cheap right now :)

#29,432 ·
#29,433 ·
Zer0 Six LE can you explain yourself? 140 miles on a 1/4 tank? :surprise: Are you saying you get double the mileage jon_bransford? Myself I'm with him at 280 miles per tank.

Have a look here for some averages...
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymodel/2013_Nissan_Frontier.shtml

You must tell me what you do.
It seems he almost always runs gas with no ethanol in it.

He probably has a light foot.

He lives in FL, so much shorter engine warm up times.

#29,435 · (Edited)
Zer0 Six LE can you explain yourself? 140 miles on a 1/4 tank? :surprise: Are you saying you get double the mileage jon_bransford? Myself I'm with him at 280 miles per tank.

Have a look here for some averages...
https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymodel/2013_Nissan_Frontier.shtml

You must tell me what you do.
I was just comparing my gas gauge and trip meter to his. I have a 4.0 and he has a 2.5. Not saying that I get double the mileage but I do get better than what he does. I just about always refill my gas tank when it gets to about a quarter of a tank remaining. When people say I get this much per tank, it's hard to judge what they consider a tank since people have their own thresholds for how low they want their fuel level to go before refilling the tank. My fuel economy average is in my signature in the Fuelly image.

It seems he almost always runs gas with no ethanol in it.

He probably has a light foot.

He lives in FL, so much shorter engine warm up times.
I live in FL and jon_bransford lives in TX. My engine warms up while I'm driving down the road. A light foot is something that I never had. I love ethanol free gas.>:D

#29,436 · (Edited)
My fuel economy average is in my signature in the Fuelly image.

I live in FL and jon_bransford lives in TX. My engine warms up while I'm driving down the road. A light foot is something that I never had. I love ethanol free gas.>:D
Maybe you also do a lot of HWY/Freeway driving?

Myself I live in Canada and must admit I do idle the engine often. Truck Is a garage queen ::grin:: tho so as you do it warms up as I'm driving. Truck only has 6K on it, getting about 15 miles to the gallon. 4cyl auto.

Like you I burn premium (ethanol free) gas but just started that a few tanks ago, fuel being a reasonable price lately.

#29,437 ·
I have stop using e85 been running regular gas, kinda make since the I4 is kinda of underpowered for a 6000 lbs truck. I do a lot of city driving and going too school it is traffic.
When my sis drove it she gotten 250 out of the tank so.

#29,438 · (Edited)
I have stop using e85 been running regular gas, kinda make since the I4 is kinda of underpowered for a 6000 lbs truck. I do a lot of city driving and going too school it is traffic.

It doesn't weigh 6k, closer to 4k in stock form. If it did, it wouldn't be "kinda" under powered. It would in fact be very under powered. It is what it is, stop and go driving in city traffic kills mpg's. We as truck owners can either live with it, or trade it for a Prius. Personally, I'd rather have my truck. The V6 crew cab long bed will get 25mpg on the highway at 65mph. Don't know what it gets in city and don't care, it's a truck. I'm not about to complain.

#29,439 ·
That's what I was getting (around 400 Km). I'm getting a little better with the premium gas now I think. A few more tanks will tell plus spring is in the air. ::smile::

#29,440 ·
It is a truck they should not get good gas milage if I want a truck that gets better I would have gone with a F150.
But I have notice since going down on tire sizes the truck seems more nibble.